30's Daily - 6/15

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)

Replies

• susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi thirties - I'm about to be a big downer, so I apologize in advance. Just need to vent. Feel free to skip to the end for pleasantries. :wink:

I'm in one heck of funk this morning. Every thread I read is ticking me off and apparently my efforts at sticking closely to a balanced diet are an annoyance or inconvenience to others . . .

I've been feeling like a "fatty" this week, eventhough I lost again. :ohwell: Tired, grouchy, and it seems like I'm just spinning my wheels - no traction, no progress . . . just spinning. I felt pretty good about how I looked this morning before I left the house, but then when I got to work I saw my reflection in the glass doors next to that of the tall, scrawny girl I work with, I felt like a big, gross slob. :frown: I immediately wished I'd worn something different - hadn't wasted the effort of trying to look nice. Blaaaah . . . did I mention my hair also seems to be just randomly falling out? Not in clumps or anything, but I'm certainly shedding a lot more than normal.

My job interview last Friday went well, I think. Well enough that they've decided to "test me". I received two projects to complete so they can see how my mind works . . . lots of research into things I haven't had much experience with, so it's pretty challenging for me. I'm stressing over the "double-life" of working one job while trying to find another. My current employer doesn't know I'm looking, mostly because I am almost certain they would fire me if they did and there is no way my family can survive on a single income at this particular point in time. And to top it off, my current job is requiring a lot of extra complicated work at the moment. I'm ready to scream, cry, jump out the window, run away . . . :sad:

Ugh - okay, enough. I mostly just needed to get all of this off my chest as I don't really have many outlets.

On a happier note, I did witness something that I found very amusing at the gym last night - two buff dudes sharing recipes. lol :laugh: I really couldn't help but giggle. It just seemed so out of place.

Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend - maybe if I make some time to lay by the pool the next couple of days, I will have a much improved attitude. :smile:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Poor SusieQ, you go ahead and vent. Don't worry about us. I think I speak for all of us when i say there's a lot of love in the room for you. Wouldn't life be much better without things like work dragging us back down. My boss has decided to change my contract putting me on call 24/7. I can't leave the house without letting him know where I'm going and when i will be getting home. I feel like I'm under house arrest. In the past couple of days I've found myself struggling to stay on the right path, It doesn't help that work is suddenly full of cookies and cake and so on. I didn't cave in as that would have seen me feeling pretty awful. The stress it's causing me has seen me finally speak to a shrink. I grow weary of feeling miserable and not being able to enjoy my life. I have just over a year of working at that hellhole before I'm free. I am so flipping my boss the bird as i leave on that last day!
    I've been having body issues too this week. Jumping out of bed first thing in the morning and checking in the mirror to make sure i haven't grown back to my old weight during the night. It's insane and utterly illogical but i do it every morning.
    I feel your pain although i think everyone's issues differ. You have done so well in your lifestyle change and will keep losing and i hope you reach the promised land. Then you can feel hugely proud of yourself what what you have achieved.

Oh and if you need to vent then you know where to find us.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Susan - just remember that every day you ARE making progress, even when you don't feel like you are.

Paul - I would be flipping the bird too, that's utterly ridiculous of your boss.

As for me, well it's been a struggle to sty on point this week for me too. For the first time in 6 weeks I just haven't felt like working out, though I've done it anyway, though 2 of my 3 runs this week were vary lame attempts, and I paid for it the 3rd time back out. My diet has been ok calorie-wise except for one, but totally off on my macros. And so much sodium I've held onto 2 lbs of water in 2 days. Add to that a kid-free weekend so enjoying nearly every meal out tonight and tomorrow, and well, I'm just calling this a reset week, lol.

Someone remind me next week to buckle down!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Wow, sounds like its been a rough week for most around here!

Susie, take some time to relax this weekend! Sounds like you have a ton of stress and I bet that's whats making you shed more, I have had stress related hair loss in the past and it is not fun. Its just one more thing to bring us down when we're already feeling run down, but don't let it get you! You are doing great!

My week has been off for the most ridiculous reason-the two cats I inherited last weekend! They came from someone who worked a nightshift so they are not on the same schedule as me and man are they messy! Nothing major, just general annoyances trying to keep up with them. I haven't had a pet to take care of since I was 18 so this is a bit of an adjustment for me.

Well anyways, hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just done today... my husband had surgery yesterday and then was admitted into the hospital to be observed overnight. So yesterday was spent being at the hospital, taking care of my kids, and then not being able to sleep because it's hard to sleep without him here.

Today - well today was him getting discharged and the 6 of us (5 of us and our puppy) trying to settle into a routine with him not being able to do anything - ANYTHING - at all for himself. Okay, that's harsh of me to say - he can get to the bathroom by himself, but he can't stand up, sit down, lay back, walk, etc. by himself. He's so worried about anything or anyone bumping his stomach (gall bladder surgery) that he is very snippy. Taking care of the kids, moving the recliner by myself downstairs, I don't know how I'm going to get through these recovery days. He was also told no stairs for a week - so he will be sleeping downstairs and having to use our 1/2 bath (no shower) to somehow get himself washed up... but he's acting like a complete little boy and seems excited about the possibility of not getting clean...

I'm just so done and tired...

thanks for letting me vent...
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just done today... my husband had surgery yesterday and then was admitted into the hospital to be observed overnight. So yesterday was spent being at the hospital, taking care of my kids, and then not being able to sleep because it's hard to sleep without him here.

Today - well today was him getting discharged and the 6 of us (5 of us and our puppy) trying to settle into a routine with him not being able to do anything - ANYTHING - at all for himself. Okay, that's harsh of me to say - he can get to the bathroom by himself, but he can't stand up, sit down, lay back, walk, etc. by himself. He's so worried about anything or anyone bumping his stomach (gall bladder surgery) that he is very snippy. Taking care of the kids, moving the recliner by myself downstairs, I don't know how I'm going to get through these recovery days. He was also told no stairs for a week - so he will be sleeping downstairs and having to use our 1/2 bath (no shower) to somehow get himself washed up... but he's acting like a complete little boy and seems excited about the possibility of not getting clean...

I'm just so done and tired...

thanks for letting me vent...
    Men! Bless you for having to deal with one in such a condition....Hope he recovers quickly and you get back to your routine. Keep your chin up!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Today he is much better - able to get moving by himself which is helping a lot. He isn't as snippy either. =)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Good to hear your husband is feeling better!

Well I'm having an insane calorie burning weekend. I did an hour of cardio yesterday plus and hour of lifting and also spent two and half hours cleaning. And I'm talking on my hands and knees scrubbing the floors by hand type cleaning so it must have been some serious calorie burn! I decided that I had burned enough to be able to stop tracking for the day and just eat what I felt like.

I'm back at the cleaning today after I meet my mom for a game of tennis this morning. I'm trying to clean up my brother's place I'm moving into in a couple weeks, it is so disgusting. I don't know how my brother hasn't got health problems from living in the filth of this place (er, sorry little brother but it is disgusting). Its like on of those places on the that show How Clean is Your House that they used to show on BBC America if anyone is familiar. I was so grossed out yesterday I could have just cried. Imagine how a condo would look after ten years of a chain smoker with two cats who never cleaned anything that didn't directly impede his ability to function....yeah, pretty gross.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good weekend!