My distraction

Options
2stepz
2stepz Posts: 814 Member
I had a really rough day yesterday, between rejection and other bad news, so I decided to spend a lot of time today cooking. It's a good release for me.

5 hours later I'm done, oven is off, dish washer is loaded, and I'm finally off my feet. But... I bring pictures!

IMG_0450.JPG
The (nearly) final results... forgot the hummus...

IMG_0451.JPG 18 angel food cupcakes made with stevia and whole wheat flour (25 calories, 3g protein, 5g carbs)

IMG_0452.JPG 36 venison meatballs (serving of 2 meatballs: 110 calories, 2g carbs, 3g fat, 13g protein, 1g fiber)

IMG_0453.JPG Spinach, Feta, and Mushroom Quiche - (1/6 of pie: 262 calories, 24g carbs, 15g fat, 8g protein, 1g fiber) This one could have been better if I would have made my own crust... but I need to replace my rolling pin. That's the only thing I DIDN'T make from scratch.

IMG_0454.JPG Black Bean Brownies (171 calories, 15g carbs, 11g fat, 8g protein, 5g fiber)

The whole wheat hot rolls didn't raise... (68 calories, 8g carbs, 4g fat, 1g protein, 2g fiber)

Sooo... I think this was a good use of my new kitchen aide mixer, right? And why am I still single? Yeah, I don't get it...

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Quality eats! I wish I had mad kitchen skills.... And the patience
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Now that's a lot of food! I am jealous of the venison meatballs!

My distraction, when I am home at least is nerding it up and painting little figures.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I think I love you!!! :love:
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Did I mention I ground the venison myself? I <3 free meat... and that's the actual reason I bought the kitchen aide mixer... I needed a meat grinder, and this was more cost effective than buying one on its own.

Might make more meatballs tomorrow. I underseasoned these a bit... they're still delicious, but a little bland. Would be good in sauce, though.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    all of that looks awesome! :smokin:
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but I dont get to keep what I make since I go for the all elaborate cakes. It totally sucks being single and I understand your frustration. :(

I would love it if a guy would just call me beautiful.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Brownie recipe please ;) lol all of it looks healthy I should so be doing that today...but I end up going for a hike when I'm bored and then being envious of all the couples I see out together lol
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    you have mad skills woman!!

i like to bake, but i never think of trying out low carb/ low sugar/ low fat stuff. i just bake for my kids. i love making breads and cookies, and ice cream ( not that you bake that). i told my kids i'd make them zucchini bread and blueberry muffins today. i should figure out versions that i will be able to enjoy too!!
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Brownie recipe please ;) lol all of it looks healthy I should so be doing that today...but I end up going for a hike when I'm bored and then being envious of all the couples I see out together lol

Bush - Black Beans Reduced Sodium , 1 can
    Generic - Jillian's Natural Whey Protein Powder - Chocolate, 1 scoop (in lieu of cocoa powder)
    Egg - Whole, 3 large
    Canola Oil Great Value - Canola Oil, 3 Tbs
    Generic - Pure Vanilla Extract, 1.5 tsp
    Stevia In the Raw - Baking Quantities, 0.5 cup
    Hodgson Mill - Milled Flax Seed, 1/4 cup
    Herseys - Special Dark Chocolate Chips, 1/4 cup

Might want to mash the beans up first... my mixer didn't do a very good job of that. Then add the next 4 ingredients. I added the flax seed as a thickener because the batter was too thin... might be thick enough if the beans are properly broken down. Pour in a prepared 9x9. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 for ~30 minutes.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That looks really good! I don't have the willpower to be around that much food! I know how you feel about rejection. I was rejected by a guy who just stopped taking my calls, text etc.. After six months of dating.I thought maybe he died or something. I checked his Facebook and saw recent pics of someone he told me had broken up with.....that was the worst breakup ever. I'm gonna post a seperate topic about it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Did I mention I ground the venison myself? I <3 free meat... and that's the actual reason I bought the kitchen aide mixer... I needed a meat grinder, and this was more cost effective than buying one on its own.

Might make more meatballs tomorrow. I underseasoned these a bit... they're still delicious, but a little bland. Would be good in sauce, though.
    OMG .. i never thought to use the mixer as a meat grinder!

that quiche looks amazeballs
  • 2stepz
    Options
    The kitchen aid mixer has a grinder attachment...
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    The kitchen aid mixer has a grinder attachment...

another reason why i need one of these. i walk by longingly when i see them in macy's. i just recently started cooking with my weight loss journey (i was take out QUEEN!!) and baking is next on the list.

i definitely want a meat grinder, so maybe i'll just take the plunge and get a kitchen aid mixer
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i love my kitchen aid!! i have a couple attachments, but no meat grinder ;-)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies talking about baking and being single. I can't commit to a relationship but I'd be okay if this was the benefits in a FWB relationship. (of all the smiley emoticon options, why isn't there one with the smiley face having big eyes and licking its lips?)
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies talking about baking and being single. I can't commit to a relationship but I'd be okay if this was the benefits in a FWB relationship. (of all the smiley emoticon options, why isn't there one with the smiley face having big eyes and licking its lips?)

That is the funniest thing I've read all day. I never have dated anyone who liked to eat everything I cook and bake as equally as I like to make it...I started bringing all my baked goods to work so I wasn't eating it all at home! Maybe I shouldn't be shying away from a FWB relationship but just change the terms, haha!
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

i could live with that deal, especially if the benefits in the FWB relationship is someone who can kill spiders and other bugs for me and make sure all the furniture i put together isnt i second away from breaking apart :laugh:
  • 2stepz
    Options

Well you're only, what... 3.5 hours away? (aside from city traffic considerations in STL)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Where are you? Rolla or Columbia? It's 1 hr 45 from my house to Lambert Field.