Step-up repetitions. Am I doing it right?

MissYogapants
MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
I'm at Stage 1 and am wondering if I'm doing the step-ups right. When I were at the first few workouts where you do 12 reps, I did a total of 24 reps per set of step-ups. That is. 12 per leg. Was that correct, or should I have done 6 per leg instead?

Replies

• n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    I'd like an answer to that as well. I've been doing the reps per leg. So when the program says 12 reps I do 12 per leg. I'm not sure if that's correct though.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Yup you start with the weaker leg do your reps (12) the switch to your other leg do your rep (12) the move on the the next exercise!
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    That's how I've been doing it. 12 on weaker leg then switch to other leg and continue on to the next exercise.
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    But, I'm still a little confused (and slow, that doesn't help :)... I do 12 on, say, my left leg, then 12 on my right. Do you guys mean that what I just wrote are two sets or one?

As that exercise is part of a superset, when I come to the step-ups my section of that workout looks like this:

Step-ups: 12 with left leg then 12 with right leg
    Prone jackknife: 10
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    But, I'm still a little confused (and slow, that doesn't help :)... I do 12 on, say, my left leg, then 12 on my right. Do you guys mean that what I just wrote are two sets or one?

As that exercise is part of a superset, when I come to the step-ups my section of that workout looks like this:

That is correct!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member

That is correct!

Writing it out that was is a lot clearer! Yep that is how I do it
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    12 steps non-dominant leg, 12 steps dominant leg, then move onto next exercise. (You did it right.)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    That is correct. There is a line in the book under the photo that says 12 on one leg and then the other.