Step-up repetitions. Am I doing it right?

Options
MissYogapants
MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
I'm at Stage 1 and am wondering if I'm doing the step-ups right. When I were at the first few workouts where you do 12 reps, I did a total of 24 reps per set of step-ups. That is. 12 per leg. Was that correct, or should I have done 6 per leg instead?

Replies

• n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd like an answer to that as well. I've been doing the reps per leg. So when the program says 12 reps I do 12 per leg. I'm not sure if that's correct though.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yup you start with the weaker leg do your reps (12) the switch to your other leg do your rep (12) the move on the the next exercise!
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's how I've been doing it. 12 on weaker leg then switch to other leg and continue on to the next exercise.
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    But, I'm still a little confused (and slow, that doesn't help :)... I do 12 on, say, my left leg, then 12 on my right. Do you guys mean that what I just wrote are two sets or one?

As that exercise is part of a superset, when I come to the step-ups my section of that workout looks like this:

Step-ups: 12 with left leg then 12 with right leg
    Prone jackknife: 10
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    But, I'm still a little confused (and slow, that doesn't help :)... I do 12 on, say, my left leg, then 12 on my right. Do you guys mean that what I just wrote are two sets or one?

As that exercise is part of a superset, when I come to the step-ups my section of that workout looks like this:

That is correct!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

That is correct!

Writing it out that was is a lot clearer! Yep that is how I do it
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    12 steps non-dominant leg, 12 steps dominant leg, then move onto next exercise. (You did it right.)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That is correct. There is a line in the book under the photo that says 12 on one leg and then the other.