What Does Everybody Think About Dating A Shorter Man?

Options
evlipford
evlipford Posts: 29 Member
I am almost 5'9 and I always have shorter man who want to take me out but i think id feel embarrassed if I went out with one because i love taller men? Do any of you guys date shorter men?

Replies

• brennamurphy42
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'10" and the tallest guy I've dated is about 6'1". I've dated someone about an inch shorter than me and then two other guys only about an inch taller. It kind of bothers me when the guy is shorter, but it's not a big deal. If the guy is nice and you like him, it's worth it! Although I don't think I would date anyone more than an inch or so shorter than me.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 6" and once dated a guy who was 5'2". We just didn't stand up a lot! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • evlipford
    evlipford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol see im confident enough to do it but the standing up part lol is what gets me... the shortest ive ever dated was probably about three inches shorter then me so I had to see if there was anyone else who had been through it lol
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My husband is a couple of inches shorter than me, and I've dated really short guys before (before I got married, obviously). I figure a guy's got to be pretty secure to date a taller woman. My husband sure is. Works for me. I like feeling like an Amazon anyway. :)

Personally, I don't care what a guy looks like as long as he has the qualities I'm looking for -- intelligence, geekiness, compassion, a sense of humor, etc. That's much more important to me than height. Who cares what other people think?
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    My husband is like 1" shorter than me, but he doesn't seem to care. In fact he loves when I wear heels.
  • EPingul
    EPingul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hubby is about 4-5 inches shorter than me (depending on shoes and the time of day); been together 13 years next month. At first it was a little weird to me, I always assumed I'd be with someone my Dad's size (6'4"0. Then I went through the "feeling like Amazonian arm candy" phase and loved it! If you like him, GO FOR IT! It just takes a little time to get used to how you fit together... holding hands while walking or in the car, snuggling on the couch or in bed... that kind of stuff!
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband's about 2-3" shorter than me, I don't mind it! A man does have to be very confident and secure to date a woman taller than him I think. He gripes about his height occassionally bc he's short, but doesn't complain that I'm taller than him. He loves referring to me as his supermodel wife ;)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've never dated a taller guy. I'm 5'11'' and my current boyfriend is 5'4''. We don't care. He loves that I'm tall and that's part of what attracted him to me in the first place (that and the star wars tats haha). Other people look at us sometimes but who cares? Someone has to be shorter, it's rare for people to be exactly the same height. I'm not a fan of these gender stereotypes. I'm taller, make more money, and he's shorter and more emotional. I love it.
  • lizphantom
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my boyfriend is 5'6". He is the love of my life, and when I'm with him, I don't even notice the height difference! You shouldn't hold back from dating someone just because society tells you that it's weird to date a shorter guy. Those are old social norms that aren't important anymore. Women can make more money than men. Women can be stronger than men. And women can definitely be taller than men! Do your thing, girl, and don't worry about the rest!! <3
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and had a 5'5" boyfriend before I met my husband... I loved it, I always felt like a total supermodel being the taller one :) Hubby now is maybe 2 inches taller but I still get to tower over him when I wear heels. Short men are just as hot as tall men IMO. If you're attracted to each other who cares, give him a chance!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I get asked out often by shorter guys as well. Doesn't seem to bother them, I am trying to get over it still. Gave one a shot and he sure was fun. :bigsmile:
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my BF is 2-3" shorter than me, it doesn't bother me but I think it bothers him so I usually don't wear my high heels out on dates
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't feel very comfortable with it but I've never turned a guy down just because of his height. (One guy was like 5'1") I prefer people to be taller than me in general so I'm definitely more attracted to taller guys. Someone over 6ft would be great ;)
  • MsSheri82
    Options
    I tried dating shorter men and it never worked out. In the beginning they seemed ok with the height difference but then they started changing. Not wanting me to wear heels when we went out and stuff like that. I cant deal with that I so stopped dating men shorter than me a long time ago.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i married my shorter man
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile pic.. I am 6" taller than my husband. He loves it,, he even loves when I wear heels! I have never really been bothered by our height difference. We were voted cutest couple on campus in college. :)
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    It does bother me...so I just tend to wear flats more often than heels. It doesn't change how you feel about the person though, right? It's all perception. Do what you want and what makes you happy! :wink:
  • Jenny021880
    Jenny021880 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This has always been a hang up for me. When I was younger I felt like I was being really shallow by not dating shorter men. Now I realize that I just don't feel feminine with shorter men. I have accepted it and feel totally ok with it.
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall. I have dated men taller than me. I have dated men an inch or two shorter. The little bit shorter is okay but I do prefer my height or taller. My opinion is do what makes YOU happy!
  • LizGozza
    Options
    This has always been a hang up for me. When I was younger I felt like I was being really shallow by not dating shorter men. Now I realize that I just don't feel feminine with shorter men. I have accepted it and feel totally ok with it.

I have to agree with you, though an inch or two has never been a *big* issue, I'm just more attracted to taller men. I don't think its shallow at all.