Hello All - New to MFP

Options
Hi, my name is Katy and I am currently trying to complete my ADN. Estimated graduation date is December 2012. Not only am I in nursing school, but I am trying to keep up with three very active daughters whose extracurricular events, even during the summer, have me chasing my self coming & going. On top of trying to keep schedules straight, I am in the summer portion of my studies as well as being a new hire Nurse Tech at a local hospital

These things combined are why I have decided to join MFP. I began working out in February 2012 after years of saying "I will do it later", or "I don't have time for me, the kids need me". I am now down 30lbs but lately since getting busier than normal I haven't dropped much weight, and its frustrating for the hours I put in at the gym.

A friend of mine recommended this site for support and food tracking purposes; so here I am.

My inspiration for weight loss is primarily my daughters, but learning the health risks of obesity in school has really lit a fire under me. I love to work out now and it feels AMAZING when I hit a goal in the gym that I set for myself. Now I just need to learn to stop picking those bad for ya foods and wasting all my workout calories!! Something I have already learned on here!!

So anyways thats just a little bit about myself and I am hoping to make some friends on here who can be encouraging and supportive and I would love to do the same for others!!!

Replies

• cvtwayne
    cvtwayne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Katy! Welcome to MyFitnessPal. I really think this program will help you lose the weight you want to lose. I found that just logging your food and intake really made me pay attention to what I was eating, and more importantly, how much I was eating. Seeing numbers helped me to cut back on my portions, which was always my problem and what made me gain weight over the years. MFP also encourages me to exercise more which will tack on allowed calories to ingest in case I get uncontrollable urges for a snack.
    I hope MFP will continue to help you in your weight loss endeavors as it is helping me in mine. Good luck with MFP and with nursing school. I recently completed my BSN after 14 years of ADN nursing, so I understand the stress of all the different directions your schedule is pulling you. Hang in there.