2 General Questions, Not Really Regarding EMT2WL

Options
cinblog1965
cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
Anyone try NROL4 Life yet? I'm starting it tomorrow and hope to see some results. Well doing anything as opposed to nothing should garner results . . . lol. I like that I could choose the exercises for the different categories and I like that it focuses a lot on core and stability, areas I definitely need to work on with my bad back!

Also, anyone use a fitbit? I ordered one instead of a bodymedia thingy because I really have a problem with paying all that money and then having to pay for a monthly subscription to see my data. I just want to know if you're happy with your fitbit if you have one.

Thanks!!

Replies

• skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Can't address the NROL. I got a fitbit at the end of April and I love it. It's small and discrete. Seems to be pretty accurate on steps (I was never able to get a standard pedometer to work right). Seems to be pretty accurate on general calorie burn although I will use my HRM on exercise to get a reliable calorie count on that especially on activities that the fitbit can't really track well. There is a fitbit group here on MFP that has a lot of useful posts.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Can't address the NROL. I got a fitbit at the end of April and I love it. It's small and discrete. Seems to be pretty accurate on steps (I was never able to get a standard pedometer to work right). Seems to be pretty accurate on general calorie burn although I will use my HRM on exercise to get a reliable calorie count on that especially on activities that the fitbit can't really track well. There is a fitbit group here on MFP that has a lot of useful posts.

I have one and agree totally. Love my fitbit. I've tried NROL4W but not sure what the "life" one is?
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Faith - the Life book is the newest of the series. In it he states that he hate to admit that he actually can't perform some of the exercises he put in the older books because of age. I had stated here before that I couldn't lift heavy squats and deadlifts because of a back problem. I have degenerating discs and topping heavy weight on them causes swelling and pain. It's not a pain you can work through. This book addresses that somewhat, by concentrating on core and stability exercises. You still use weights, but you can avoid exercises that cause pain and pick others. As my core muscles in my back develop I'm hoping I can get back to squates and deadlifts with weights, but for now, I just can't do it.