I want to be "Obsessed"

Options
Jrunner
Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
OK, I am 5'4" and 157.4. Yes I want to be 130-140 and everyone says "you don't need to lose any weight" Well, sorry, but I love to run and it would be a lot less painful on my knees if I lost all this weight. Mose of it is fat in my legs and butt. So, when I say "obsessed" I mean, I want it in my daily routine no questions asked...just get it done and be proud!!!!

Replies

• kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    agreed! that's a good obsession to have!
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! Totally same thing. Running is def hard on the knees when you could still shed an extra 15 lbs or so. Other runner peeps have told me just to take it slow to not get injured -- and mix your running routine up with distance, sprints and fartleks, stairs and hills, etc. to challenge yourself. Also, I've been switching it up doing elliptical, amt, and bike, and that keeps the knees from getting sore. Then the more we keep it up, the weight will just keep falling off and running will soon be a breeze!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, me too! What's your plan to get there???
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do more than just run on my 60min lunch break. I will like to add some evening workouts and keep Saturday and Sunday active by either working out or doing fun family activites. This is something that can get fixed and I know it will get easier the more fat I burn and replace with muscle!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I revamped my life back in Feb/March I workout 6-7 days a week now! I went from working out ZERO to being a work-out-aholic in no time. I workout on my lunch break and after work/school. My friends now expect me to show up in workout gear when I come to their houses. I am either going to the gym after, or I just came from the gym.

I had my "holly cow" moment on my birthday in Feb. I couldn't chase a 3 year old around the yard without feeling like I was going to die within 5 minutes. I quit smoking within a month, and started running. I signed up for my first 5K and ran it. I'm now running 2 more 5Ks this summer and a 10K in the fall. I plan to run a 1/2 Marathon by my 1 year mark. I think signing up for the race was my #1 motivator. I knew I PAID for it, and I wasn't about to let that money go to the way side. And I paid for a friend to run with me. He runs way more than 3 miles at a time so I knew he'd keep me stepping and push me even when i wanted to give up. And I couldn't "not" run when I paid for TWO people. That kind of motivation works for me....

Friend me! We can motivate and encourage each other to hit our goals!
  • Pennydnbfit
    Pennydnbfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm in the same boat as you all. I'm also an avid runner and have problems with my hips. But hot yoga is helping greatly. I agree that signing up to races helps keep you motivated as you have a goal and something to hold you accountable.

Add me. Would love to go on this journey with you guys..Support and motivation are key!!

Penny
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yup- 'runner' that's me. Still working on speed and going for my first 'full' this fall. you can check out my bio- if we have similar interests then please add me. Most of the peeps in my list are runners and we like to swap stories/accomplishments and training tips, etc.
    Get out & have a great run!