"Fitness Pal" virgin

Options
Pepita395
Pepita395 Posts: 1 Member
Hi Everyone,

I new to all this. I am a loner by nature so doing something "as a group" is quite new to me. My total goal is 80lbs with my first target being 40 lbs.
How does this 'Jillian Michaels' thing work? Is something posted here, do I have to buy the actual video?... A bit of guidance please.
Thank you.
Pepita :o)

Replies

• becauseofholly
    becauseofholly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It would be best if you bought the DVD. You could also find a torrent online to download if you're comfortable with that sort of thing. But 30 day shred is split into 3 levels. Basically it's 30 minutes (with stretching) of increasingly difficulty interval training. It's best if you take days off, Jillian even said herself not to do it every day. Eat well, follow the video, and push yourself outside your comfort zone.

I started level 1 a while ago and did it every other day, but after 2 sessions on level 2 I stopped. Not that it was too hard, I just got bored. I lost about 5 pounds in the 3 weeks or so that I kept with it. Hopefully being in a group will keep me going so I have some accountability.
  • kelsafish
    kelsafish Posts: 39
    Options
    I hear you can get the DVD for about $10 at a local store or you can get it online for about $7. I downloaded an avi file and that'll work just fine for me. I previewed the video last night and it looks like it's not exceedingly difficult and a good way to jumpstart an interval training program.

I've never worked with a group either but I've taken group fitness classes in the past and it helped having other people there with you. I'm hoping it'll be a lot like that. Good luck!
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Just a heads up too guys, the three levels are available on YouTube so if you want/can hook up the laptop to the TV you can do it that way! :smile: