What was your best meal of the day?

Options
What was your best meal of the day?

Some of you saw my post about my excitement on the baked cinnamon apples with yogurt (yes, with a bit of Cayenne), but my lunch creation was my favorite dish today. What was yours?

@Lesvel inspired me to think about lettuce wraps. So, today I used a newly bought bottle of Walden Farms Sesame Ginger dressing (0 cal and 0 carbs) to whip up an Asian lettuce wrap creation and it was so good. Here's what I did as a saute:

2 tbps of Walden Farms Sesame Ginger Dressing
2 tsp of Low Socium Soy Sauce
Lean Ground Turkey
Chopped White Onion
Crushed Garlic
Shredded Broccolini Mix (this is another great find - I'm not sure why I haven't used this before this week)

Replies

• suzziebee
    suzziebee Posts: 14
    Options
    I am pretty boring when it comes to eating but I love breakfast - I scramble some egg whites and toss in some Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles and I am good to go - something so simple is so filling and really keeps me going in the morning
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps with chicken and sweet chilli sauce is divine. Need to get me some lettuce.

I liked my fish fillets pan-fried and vegies on the side sauteed with crushed garlic, coriander paste. Simple but yummy.
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    suziecue, be careful of the sugar content in sweet chili sauc
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my favourite meal today was my favourite meal i've had on the whole diet. Turkey taco salad. Ground turkey breast, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, no/low sugar salsa, no/low sugar taco sauce, fat free sour cream, 1 serving of light cheese. Delicious!!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    suziecue, be careful of the sugar content in sweet chili sauc

Yeh, I wouldn't have it on 17 day diet unless I had a teeny amount. Thanks.
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    my favourite meal today was my favourite meal i've had on the whole diet. Turkey taco salad. Ground turkey breast, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, no/low sugar salsa, no/low sugar taco sauce, fat free sour cream, 1 serving of light cheese. Delicious!!

Yum...I'm going to have this on the weekend...even feels like a bit of a treat!
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One of my recent favorite snacks is a coffee protien shake:

1 c. unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop protien powder (I have vanilla)
    1/2 pkg. of Starbucks Via (the instant coffee).

Yummy and a quick snack or breakfast. I had it this morning 'cause I'm home with my 5 1/2 month old and don't always get a proper breakfast until later in the morning. Keeps me going and not feeling hungry.
  • Alexia_E_K
    Alexia_E_K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Bell Peppers with ground turkey. Here is the recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

Instead of the rice I added spinach. It was delicious.
  • abrellenthin
    Options
    Turkey meatball stuffed mushrooms

I came up with this one on my own, but I'm sure there's a recipe out there somewhere!

All I did was purchase some portobello mushroom caps and stuff them with my turkey meatball mixture. Then I baked them at 400 for 30 minutes. I really wish I would have lined my cookie sheet with aluminum foil because it sure did make a mess!

My meatball mixture:

Lean ground turkey (1 lb)
    Small minced onion
    Minced garlic (1 Tbl)
    Fat free mozzerella cheese (small sprinkle)
    Italian seasoning (I didn't measure, but I'm guessing 1/2 Tbl)
    Salt and pepper to taste

It was delicious! My husband (who isn't on the diet) loved them!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I'm on cycle 2 today and had yummy slice of spelt bread with kind of like curried egg on top - delish:

3 egg whites
    salt and pepper
    30g avocado
    2g mayo and dijon mustard.
    (I added some cajun and a bit of curry powder as an afterthought as I was thinking this is kind of like curried eggs - with the avocado probably don't need the mayo or dijon)
    Mash all together and spread on top of slice of bread.