I'm thrilled! It's finally paying off :)

Hi everyone! I am ecstatic today because I've finally busted through a 2 month plateau by following EMTWL! I was very impatient at first and didn't want to do the full reset. I went straight to TDEE - 15% which didn't work for me; turns out I needed the full reset. So I did the reset, and only took me about 2 weeks to get back to a good place. Now I'm back to TDEE - 15% and I am losing again!

My main problem was lack of accuracy. I own a Bodybugg and I was only wearing it during workouts. Big mistake. By wearing it 24/7 I'm able to get an accurate read every day and adjust the 15% cut based on that particular day's TDEE. This might not work for everyone, but it has been amazing for me. Additionally, I started measuring my food again. I had kind of started to slack on that because I've been losing weight for a few months and thought I was at the point where I could eyeball everything. Wrong! Measuring has really helped.

Don't give up if you aren't seeing successful results right away. I gained 3 pounds at first, but now I've lost those 3 pounds and more. I am so happy! EMTWL is the truth!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!
    I just love, love, love reading posts like yours. it is so important to get this feedback, for all of us, who are not quite where you are at.
    I am so happy for you
    May the losing continue :)))
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Well done :bigsmile:

I busted my plateau last week from mid March doing pretty much the same...

My fitbit says TDEE 2100-2300 so upped my activity level on MFP to match - set NET at 1550 (BMR 1411)

Went up 2lb initailly then 1lb down last week and 1/2 inch too! :drinker:

It works alright, I just wish I could convince some of my MFP friends to get off the 1200 cal bandwagon properly for a bit and try eating... One of them is currently crash dieting before her holiday eating 800 and netting about 300...:sick:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    I just love, love, love reading posts like yours. it is so important to get this feedback, for all of us, who are not quite where you are at.

this. and also congratulations!!
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    I'm so happy to hear about your sucess!!! I've been debating whether or not to start the 15% cut or just do the full 8 weeks myself. I never really did follow a vlcd, (1200 calories for me lasted only about a week when I started mfp few years ago), but I've never been really consistent with the amount of calories that I consume either. So I figured what's a few more weeks eating the full set of calories since I'm really enjoying that happy feeling of eating and then I will focus on the cut later. Congrats again to you!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Congratulations!!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    I am so happy for you and thankful that you shared this with us....We all love hearing these stories!! Conrats to you!!! :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Great job!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    wooohooooo!! congratulations!!! :):flowerforyou:

i've been doing the reset and i'm feeling really good. my cut starts in a few weeks. so excited.
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Very inspiring! thanks for sharing!
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Congratulations!! I really needed to read this this morning. I started EMTWL about two weeks ago and I gained 5 pounds :(. Felt totally defeated until I read your post. Have a great day!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 113 Member
    A good success story sure does keep me motivated. You think you're doing the right thing and then someone confirms it!! Congratulations!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Very happy for you! So wonderful to see posts like this, for positive feedback. I'm halfway through the reset, and I battle every day in trying not to make adjustments. Thanks for the motivation!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    Well done! There is hope!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    There is hope!!! YAY! I just cut yesterday and excited to see results!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    I have a bodybugg too, you said you go by your daily TDEE ? I was doing that then someone ds take a weekly average, then monthly. To me it's be more accurate to do prev day. Also, how long did you reset for ? I'm on day 19 holding steady, thinking bout cutting at 4 wks. Then I think maybe 6, or....ugh, 8?
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    I have a bodybugg too, you said you go by your daily TDEE ? I was doing that then someone ds take a weekly average, then monthly. To me it's be more accurate to do prev day. Also, how long did you reset for ? I'm on day 19 holding steady, thinking bout cutting at 4 wks. Then I think maybe 6, or....ugh, 8?

I do choose to go by my daily TDEE. the way i do this is by eating at a 500 cal deficit as the day goes on. this means i'm checking my calories burned pretty much all the time, and if i go over i make sure to exercise a little more to compensate.

i did my reset for about two weeks. i know it may be recommended to do it longer, but that amount of time worked for me. i think the duration of your reset depends on if or how much you damaged your metabolism from very low calorie diets in the past. i always ate my exercise calories back, so my deficits were large but not ridiculously large, which is why i think it only took me 2 weeks.

thanks to everyone for the support and positive feedback. indeed, there is hope! don't give up!
  • Debbiedebbiey

I do choose to go by my daily TDEE. the way i do this is by eating at a 500 cal deficit as the day goes on. this means i'm checking my calories burned pretty much all the time, and if i go over i make sure to exercise a little more to compensate.

i did my reset for about two weeks. i know it may be recommended to do it longer, but that amount of time worked for me. i think the duration of your reset depends on if or how much you damaged your metabolism from very low calorie diets in the past. i always ate my exercise calories back, so my deficits were large but not ridiculously large, which is why i think it only took me 2 weeks.

thanks to everyone for the support and positive feedback. indeed, there is hope! don't give up!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    How did you know after 2 wks you were ready ? I went to the pool for the 1st time yesterday & thought "CUT" time ! With my bodybugg, I feel like I have the numbers already and am just wasting time ! So, one min I feel like waiting, the next I'm scared I'll be wasting my 4wks I've invested so far. Did you do 15% or 500 cal deficit ?
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Yay!!! Congratulations on your success!!!!