Need some advice about running

I am planning on running my first 5K in August. Any tips on how to train for it? Also, what are some good foods to eat during the process? I watch what I eat but I wasn't sure if there is anything I should put in or take out. Thank you for the help!

Replies

• leeapeea
    leeapeea Posts: 23 Member
    What are your goals? Are you simply looking to finish? Or do you have a finishing time in mind?

My very first 5K I was simply looking to finish. I had only ever run 2.5 miles before, so the distance was the goal. After I was sure I could do the miles, speed was the goal, so I've focused on speed training.

The most important thing I learned when I started training- the treadmill is your enemy. I mean, it's fine if the weather is terrible, but the actual ground doesn't move beneath your feet. Train outdoors as much as you can.

Food wise you shouldn't need to change your diet too much. You'll want to eat light before with some time to digest, then recovery drinks/foods after and plenty of water. If you're training in the heat outdoors make sure to drink sports drink as well as water.

Best of luck!!!
  • Jenjen10220
    Jenjen10220 Posts: 2 Member
    Google it, there are tons of free training programs available all customizable to your time frame and goals. Good luck! You will love the feeling of crossing the finish line and saying you did it!