How do I start?

Options
Hi all,

How do I start? I have my TDEE and BMR and TDEE less 10% etc. How long should I stay at TDEE to reset my metabolism? Is there specific foods I shouldnt eat?
TIA all

Female
Height: 160cm
Weight: 61.4kg
BMR: 1294
TDEE: 2007
less 10%: 1806

Replies

• aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey there :) You should be eating your TDEE for around 8 weeks. There are some people who decide to do it for a shorter period of time, but normally it takes around 8 weeks. It really is up to you. If you think your metabolism is not that bad, you can do it for 4-6 weeks, and if you feel your metabolism is OFF! then you should probably do it for 8 weeks, especially if you've been bulimic, anorexic, or have taken your body to other extremes. I guess it's all about understanding and "listening" to your body.

In terms of food you should simply eat clean. Try to stay away from processed food, high fat, empty calories food. Go for fruits, veggies, whole wheat products, lean meats, etc.
  • JannaiT
    JannaiT Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will start doing just that.....eeek eating so much!
  • aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes! It can feel like a bunch of food, especially because healthy food are normally not so high in calories, compared to other kinds of food. Just try to eat every three hours with 6 or 7 meals a day, and you'll be fine.

I also noticed in your diary that you are still eating the percentage of macro nutrients set by MFP, so try to go to your goals and customize them. Try to eat 40% of carbs, 30% of protein and 30% of fat, also eating 30 gr of fiber :)