More Protein - Less Carbs

Options
kslappy
kslappy Posts: 9 Member
I always seem to go over my carbs and can't seem to get enough proteins. Any suggestions on what I can do to up my protein and reduce the carbs? i eat egg whites, turkey and I love beans (I know they fall in carbs as well) and I do the protein shakes but I always seem to be over in the carbs with not enough protein. I don't want to sabotage my goals on the reset because I can't seem to get this part right. Are there any foods that I can eat on a daily basis that are really high in protein any one can suggest?

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    If you can just add it to a smoothie or shake plain greek yogurt is 22 grams of protein for 1 cup serving but only 9 carbs. I have issues with the carbs as well.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    too lazy to type cause im off work in 3 min haha but look @ my diary :) i eat lots of protein!!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind tuna, it's another good one. I keep a tuna snack (without the crackers) around at all times in case I need a good protein boost. I also love BBQ grilled salmon.....yummmmmmmy!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Set up your food diary starting with proteins for the entire day, then add carbs, fats just fall into place! If you're able to at least get grams of protein to equal your lean body mass (ie: LBM=100, then 100 gm pro), then you've done well!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Set up your food diary starting with proteins for the entire day, then add carbs, fats just fall into place! If you're able to at least get grams of protein to equal your lean body mass (ie: LBM=100, then 100 gm pro), then you've done well!

bump ..Good advice and I love that doggie.:)
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Do you need to know your BF% to know your LBM?

And I agree about setting up your meals in advance by focusing in meeting your protein first. I do that, however carbs and fat give me headaches still.
  • kslappy
    kslappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    too lazy to type cause im off work in 3 min haha but look @ my diary :) i eat lots of protein!!

thanks Stephanie! I just realized my steel cut oats have 27 grams of carbs and I eat them everyday. Your diary is a good sample, I'll try the protein shakes more and the greek yogurt!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    NP :) .... to get more protein, i would keep the oats because its a good carb in the morning, but add a scoop of protein to it (yum) or have egg whites as well on the side....

then snacks try:
    greek yogurt (if you dont like plain add crystal light SO GOOD)
    cottage cheese
    cheesestring
    eggs
    protein shake

and then add lean meats to your lunch and supper ( i aim for 5oz )

if you weight lift you should try my bedtime snack
    -1 scoop casein protein (i use ON cookies n cream....chocolate is good too)
    -1 TBSP nut butter
    -add almond milk and stir until its pudding like consistancy

freeze for half hour
    EAT!! like ice cream and a great source of protein/fat for muscle recovery when you sleep :)
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP Im going to try this ^^^
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was actually doing really weel with the carb/protein ratio at my cut.. but when I jumped to tdee, that extra 400 cals has made it really hard for me to stay below on carbs.. its insane!!

I rely heavily on protein powders right now since my level is incredibly high to get in.. greek yogurt, edamame beans, more meats are my usuals