Do you guys eat the same thing every day?

Options
irunsf85
irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
I eat pretty much the same meals every day. I find it makes planning much easier and I enjoy what I eat. I think it takes me about three months of the same stuff before I get sick of it and switch it up. You can look at my diary.

One thing that gets really annoying is people commenting on what I eat all the time. Don't understand why they care so much.

Replies

• ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I tend to fall into this habit too. It's just eaiser and I KNOW what I am putting in my mouth without thinking too much. I should probably switch it up a bit :smile:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same meals every day. I find it makes planning much easier and I enjoy what I eat. I think it takes me about three moths of the same stuff before I get sick of it and switch it up. You can look at my diary.

One thing that gets really annoying is people commenting on what I eat all the time. Don't understand why they are so much.

Yeah- I am fairly regular.

I put my diary on private- didn't want any more comments (wanted or not) about my food choices every day. I have very different goals than most here and it shows in my diary. I'm not as concerned about size or weight loss- been big and thick my whole life and I'm okay with that. I want more power (POWAHHH!!) and that takes good fuel and keeping a reign in on the tendency to overeat while lifting a lot.

usual day for me-
    Breakfast
    Five eggs (whole)
    1/2 onion
    3tbsp sour cream
    water

Lunch-
    10oz ground beef
    1.5c rice
    1 medium tomato

2nd lunch (snack I suppose)
    3-6cups of full-fat cottage cheese

Dinner
    5eggs
    1 bag of frozen broccoli
    1-1.5c rice
    soy sauce to taste
    2 stalk celery

Snack-
    Ice cream or tater tots..
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i pretty much eat almost the same thing for a week at a time... i will plan my menu and then grocery shop for that week according to my meal plan.... i try to switch it up a bit though... i play around with breakfast sometimes but usually the same... i make such yummy things that i dont need to worry about it haha
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same meals every day. I find it makes planning much easier and I enjoy what I eat. I think it takes me about three months of the same stuff before I get sick of it and switch it up. You can look at my diary.

This is me as well...If I like a certain food or foods I will stick with it until I get burnt out on it and then on to the next thing which I will do the same routine...I have always been this way, It's just nice to know when I cook and go to the grocery I buy the same stuff pretty much every time and it's much easier to put into the food log too... :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually the same everyday, 3 eggs, 2 slices raisin toast, jam, coffee with half n half

everything else gets changed up, I get easily bored...
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I totally don't! I get bored very easily by most things in life in general, so I HAVE to have variety. It's my little rebellion in the superstructure that is life haha.

If I go grocery shopping, I just play around with what I've got. I'm also a condiment queen, so I love tinkering with things.

I understand why people eat according to a plan or routine, and it would probably be cheaper and easier for me if I did (I'm a student) - but I'm just not that way inclined ;)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts and lunches are the same but I vary the dinners.

Like someone else said, I like knowing the calorie amounts that basically stay the same every day~ my "defaults"?:wink:

Breakfast is 1 sl whole wheat bread, organic peanut butter, high protein fat free choc milk, & an apple.

Lunch is a BIG salad with chicken in it and watermelon for "dessert".

I try to have a yogurt somewhere in there each day and have a York Peppermint Patty every day at 3pm!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Some things will remain the same simply because I like it.... and if it isnt hurting me medically, its no one's business. Ive had my fair share of people unsoliciting comments of my diary and they are soooooo quickly removed from my friend's list immediately. I listen to my doctors, not MFP members.... besides, my Endo loves my daily intake!

My fridge is chock-full of vegetables of all varieties, fresh herbs, spices, lots of key ingredients when Im creating dishes (not giving up my cheffing years)...

I will also stock up on meats that I 'clean' up for the chest-freezer too... matter of fact I have some gorgeous whole "Eye-round" that needs my attention tonight for prepping and packing.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have runs on foods. Currently I take chickpea salad into work most days. When I get sick of it I'll find something else. Breakfast is the same every day.

I only really tend to vary stuff at weekends when I am not working and feel less fatigued, but currently I am using up food cupboard stuff because I am cash poor in the run up to pay day.

I know people could probably look at my diary and judge but I have £100 pm for food so I work with what I have according to my energy levels. If people want to come to my house and cook for me I will mix up my eating habits LOL.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Having a large family, I have to pretty much pre-plan our meals. It makes it cheaper on our budget. Being on a strict budget I try my best to eat clean, I do pretty well but a tiny bit of processed comes in.

My breakfasts vary, depending on whether I lift that day or not. That being said I do have a selection of about 3 or 4 meals I choose from.

1. Protein Smoothie (Lift days)
    2. French Toast and whatever meat I can find.
    3. Eggs, toast w/peanut butter and milk.
    4. PB&J and Milk

Lunches are usually last night's dinner, or the meat from dinner in a tasty salad. If there are no leftovers (Pizza Night) I have:

1. PB&J and Milk.

Dinners, fall into weekly categories. 99% of the time we will have this is the schedule:

Monday - Take and bake pizza
    Tuesday - Tacos
    Wednesday - Beef Stroganoff
    Thursday- Italian with Corn
    Friday - Homemade Chicken strips, home baked fries or sweet potato fries
    Saturday - Chicken Enchiladas
    Sunday - Teriyaki or Baked Chicken Thighs with rice (white for family) brown for me, and broccoli.

We are loaded down with birthdays this month, and the birthday person gets to pick the dinner meal. So far we have had Orange Chicken, Pizza, Ribs, and tonight we will have Pizza again (per our new 5 year old). Next week is mine and I have no clue what I want.

Snacks:

Greek yogurt
    Almonds
    PB&J
    Cottage Cheese (with nuts, dried fruit, and pumpkin pie spice)
    WATERMELON
    Oranges
    Whole fat cheese
    Protein Bar (not too often)
    Protein Smoothie (non-lift days)

I have to get what I can afford at the time, and what I have coupons for (yep I am a couponer). I have really cut out our processed foods so I have to be creative with the coupons. Still use them though because we are a family of 8.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    no I don't I like the variety and find for my body personally it needs more variety. if I ate the same things everyday I would most likely binge which is what I don't want.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i have runs on certain things just because i like them or it's something i cooked that no one else in my family will eat so i'm eating the leftovers for several days. and when i'm really busy, i rely heavily on the healthy convenient stuff like tuna (LOVE the starkist herb and garlic) with crackers and veggies dipped in yogurt dip and such. love my quest and perfect foods bars too. i need to get back to cooking more once vacation is past, but i've been so busy lately!

my current breakfast love is overnight oats. i am varying up what i put in there though. 600 calories for breakfast this morning!! i just find that freaking hilarious, lol.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My breakfast and snacks are more or less the same because I like them. My lunches vary but on a weekly basis are about the same. My dinners vary quite a bit-it's where I try a lot of new recipes!

Diary is open if you are curious. I don't usually track everything on Saturdays though--it's my complete rest day.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    My breakfast and snacks are more or less the same because I like them. My lunches vary but on a weekly basis are about the same. My dinners vary quite a bit-it's where I try a lot of new recipes!

Diary is open if you are curious. I don't usually track everything on Saturdays though--it's my complete rest day.

Pretty similar. My breakfast is always the same (egg, raspberries, blueberries, mini babybel, and coffee) and my snacks are always the same (almonds, wasabi peas, string cheese, protein shake). My lunches vary because I usually have leftovers from the night before and my dinners vary. I love to try new Skinnytaste recipes, so I am always mixing it up. Therefore, I guess I keep half my day constant and half my day fluctuates :smile:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I totally eat the same thing all the time. It's a necessity with the food allergies I have.

Bfast is an egg w/ 1/3 cup egg whites, turkey sausage, oatmeal and coffee.

Lunch is the previous nights left overs with either steamed broccoli or zucchini or a tomato.

Dinner is one of 40 choices (we have a dinner list) and whatever we have a taste for that day.

Afternoon snack is soy yogurt, protein granola and blueberries and/or banana.

Morning snack is usually fruit (apple or orange) and nuts (pistachios or peanuts)
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    My breakfasts and lunches are the same but I vary the dinners.

Like someone else said, I like knowing the calorie amounts that basically stay the same every day~ my "defaults"?:wink:

I pretty much eat the same breakfast & lunch every day. Makes it really easy to pre-log my food for the week and takes the stress out of it. Plus I enjoy what I eat, so I don't get bored of it.

Dinners are different every day but I always cook enough for 2 full meals. That way I already have another day already planned out.

Desserts are whatever I'm in the mood for that week. Last week it was Chocolate Zucchini Cake and this week it's Chocolate Banana Muffins made in a cake pan. My man likes to call it "Muffin-Cake" and as long as it's chocolate he doesn't really care what I make. :laugh:
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have found it easier to eat the same things. I switch up my snacks and dinner.

Breakfast:
    2 Egg Muffins with 1 slice of veggie cheese (egg muffins work out to 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg)
    Coffee w/ 1 splenda

Snack:
    Almonds
    or
    Almond butter and 2 rice cakes

Lunch:
    Chicken, veggies, and a sweet potato

Pre-Workout:
    Homemade pumpkin protein bar &
    Greek yogurt

Post-Workout:
    Protein Shake &
    Organic rolled oats

Dinner:
    Fish or Ground Turkey with a veggie

I am lifting heavy and my goal is to lean out and do a fitness competition one day.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I grocery shop in bulk so I do eat the same all the time. I like it that way and it doesn't bother me. I know what I'm eating I know how I feel when I eat it and I can plan better. My core foods stay the same my snacks change. People must get bored with me diary, it's almost the same weekly.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am just that way for breakfast- always 3 eggs over-easy on toast. A few months ago I started dousing it with Cholula chipolte sauce for some variety but that's about it. All other meals I eat a wide variety.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i have runs on certain things just because i like them or it's something i cooked that no one else in my family will eat so i'm eating the leftovers for several days. and when i'm really busy, i rely heavily on the healthy convenient stuff like tuna (LOVE the starkist herb and garlic) with crackers and veggies dipped in yogurt dip and such. love my quest and perfect foods bars too. i need to get back to cooking more once vacation is past, but i've been so busy lately!

my current breakfast love is overnight oats. i am varying up what i put in there though. 600 calories for breakfast this morning!! i just find that freaking hilarious, lol.

I eat overnight oats for breakfast every day, too! if I put cereal or granola on top it can easily be 600-700 calories. Lately I've been stirring in protein powder and chia seeds and it's right around 550. Prior to eating more I totally would have felt bad for having such a calorie-dense meal... Not anymore :) How do you make your overnight oats?