app to track workouts?

zgdsmith
zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
Is there an app that can be used to track NROL4W workouts?

I know some people have said that they use pen & paper to write down how much they do on each set. I'm wondering if you then enter it into a spreadsheet once you get home or how do you track how much you are lifting?

I would like to be able to take my ipad to the gym and enter everything there but i'm not sure if there is an app or a way i can use excel.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Try Jefit. My husband uses it on his phone-you can track how much you lift and what you are doing in the gym. It will also calculate your 1 rep max. I'm old fashion and use pen and paper-I just check back to see how I'm progressing.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    In the MFP app, you can track strength training, specific moves, and number of sets/reps. :)
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    I use a notebook but as the above poster said, you can do it in the MFP app.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    I printed off a blank spreadsheet (I found in this group) I scribble on that in the gym and fill it in on the computer when I get home! I like a good spreadsheet :smile:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Try Jefit. My husband uses it on his phone-you can track how much you lift and what you are doing in the gym. It will also calculate your 1 rep max. I'm old fashion and use pen and paper-I just check back to see how I'm progressing.

Ditto. Fabulous app, plus the NROLFW workouts are already in there.
  • sarahwitnh
    sarahwitnh Posts: 16 Member

I use JeFit app. It is awesome. I use it on my phone; which is also my ipod. You can customize the routine by adding the NROL4W workouts and now everytime I go to do my workout I know what I am doing and what I did last time. Plus this app has a little animation guy that demonstrates the exercise so you will remember (helped me at first big time). I Love this app!!!! And it is FREE!!
  • annra
    annra Posts: 12
    I found those exel ones from net, they are very good. I think you can use them with ipad

http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    At the moment i use evernote. This way i can have it on any computer / tablet / phone i log into and add extra comments if needed