Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then
jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).
five-minute cool down walk.

Good luck!

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I tried week 8 day 1 yesterday, but I think after a long weekend of camping I was just not ready.. I had to walk for a few minutes half way through the run. But I am not discouraged and will be back out on Wednesday to try again!
  • blackeyegirl
    Options
    I too found week 8, day 1 very challenging and I considered walking on more than one occasion. I made it through the 28 minutes, but afterwards including this morning, my body was telling me that it was just a bit too much. First time I've had a few twinges of pain in knees and feet since restarting 8 weeks ago. I don't want to become discouraged, but I don't want to deal with injuries either at this point. I hope day 2 either tomorrow or the next day yields better results. Hoping your next run is better!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not sure what week to post in so I will post here.

I am now two weeks behind.

For circumstances that can only be called lame excuses i was unable to start week 6 last week. Completed DAY 1 week 6 today.

For anyone looking for excuses to take a week off - DONT. Although i completed today it was anything but pretty --- it was hard at every step. I fear I will have to repeat one day this week ---- may even repeat day 1 week 6 since there was nothing good about it except that i did it!!!

Congrats to all on week 8 --- i will be there -- even if it takes me 11 weeks : )
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried WK8D1 today. I didn't make it. I have a pain in my inner thigh/hip that started after about 20 minutes and was getting progressively worse - so I shut it down and walked. I will repeat it again on Thursday, but just didn't think that the pain felt ok to go on today.

I am not at all disappointed that I couldn't do it. I was still able to run for 20 minutes. I want to be able to run long term and I know that if I hurt myself now that won't happen. I am going to try again and if I can't make it -- so be it, I will try again!

Congrats to those of you that finished!
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 8 Day 2-and I FINALLY had a good run. My dad always told me that you can't have 3 good runs in a row, but I had been starting to wonder how many bad ones you can have in a row! I think what helped was finding a pace that was slow enough to be sustainable.

I've seen my pace drop significantly over the course of this C25K, but I'm not going to stress out, because I figure that's just my body telling me what speed it needs to go if I really want to run 30 minutes without stopping. When I can do 35 minutes comfortably-that's when I'll start thinking about time.

Good luck to everyone-we can do this!
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone, still in week 7 here but going strong
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 7 on my second go. Just didn't feel ready to move on and it was still a struggle. I'll start week 8 on Wed and see how it goes. Not sure I'll ever be a "runner" but I think I can be a consistent jogger. I'm just too slow to consider myself a runner.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Got sidetracked and haven't done the c25k in about 2-3 weeks. So, I think I'll have to start over with week 1 to work through it.
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 5 day 2 today. A little sad that I'm being so slow, but it is what it is. I'll get there eventually! Good Job everyone!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You all are doing an amazing job! I just finished week 7 day 3 last night. I was out of town and found an amazing running trail. it was 2.75 miles long on posted signs, but my gps said 2.99 miles. The run began around a lake (pond) and then through a wooded area all on a blacktop running trail... then it meandered through a park area as a cross country trail of crushed rock before it disappeared through a heavily wooded area for a short distance. It was amazing! After I completed my cool-down, i continued another lap as I ran every other song on my workout playlist! Total distance: 5.9 miles, 73 minutes. I am really beginning to enjoy this.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome daddio. I'm jealous of your progress!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Completed week 8 last night with a 28 minute run! 1 week left!