BMF users....how are you using your data with EM2WL???

Options
I'm a little into my second week of using my BodiaMedia fit armband and my TDEE is somewhat variable. Last week was a little off center for me, but my work is very variable, so it is probably close to what other weeks may end up like.

My TDEE ranged from: high 2982 to low 2536 (I am estimated to be around 3000 today)
Average TDEE as of tonight: 2613

My calories averaged at: 1918 (I was using 1900 as my cut value up until now based off Scooby TDEE which was 2400something)

My average calorie deficit for that time period was 523 calories.

My BMR is around 1500

So my question is.....do I change my cut value based on my running average from my BMF, watch my TDEE daily to determine cut, or use BMF number of 1840 calories....

OR just keep things as is and watch the data for a little longer....

Thoughts, advice? I'm mid month 2 of EM2WL and not weighing often. I was up 5 lbs the first 2 weeks, lost 1 lb about a week ago and no change in inches yet. I am doing NROLFW stage 1 and cardio 3 to 5 times a week (light cardio on lifting days).

THANKS!

Replies

• swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use the previous week's average TDEE and take my cut from there and eat that the current week. I re-calculate every Sunday night. I just don't have time to re-figure the numbers every day. Plus I think it adds some consistency to my caloric intake.

But I think Mike is eating 300 less than the previous day's numbers?
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks for the input!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Right now I am doing a mini reset but I have been using mine for the last two weeks so I have been just checking it out and my average is about 2100 I am pretty sedentary unless cleaning, working out, or grocery shopping. I plan on doing a 14 day average.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I ran a report after one week to get tdee, then ran it again using two weeks, then three weeks. Over the course of 3 weeks I found that the average tdee was about 100 more than Scooby. (close enough). I'd recommend you do the same. One week of numbers can be off a bit, but if you average it out over time you'll be able to get a more clearer picture of your 'average' lifestyle. (If you don't know where the report button is, it's top right in the white area of the dashboard)
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump jyskas info for reading later
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    I ran a report after one week to get tdee, then ran it again using two weeks, then three weeks. Over the course of 3 weeks I found that the average tdee was about 100 more than Scooby. (close enough). I'd recommend you do the same. One week of numbers can be off a bit, but if you average it out over time you'll be able to get a more clearer picture of your 'average' lifestyle. (If you don't know where the report button is, it's top right in the white area of the dashboard)

Thanks! As of my first two weeks my average TDEE is about 250 higher than Scooby. I'm going to give it another week or so of wearing consistantly before I adjust my calorie goal to make sure these weeks are representative. I appreciate the insight!