[PICS] Show me your keto meals!

Options
I am an avid amateur chef. I greatly enjoy cooking and keto has allowed me to explore new ways of making delicious meals in a creative (and sometimes challenging) manner. I am also a fan of pictures and seeing what others eat. Here are some of my recent and notable keto meals:

RJ85o.jpg

"Spaghetti'd" squash with homemade beef, basil, and spinach alfredo sauce with grilled and buttered brussels sprouts and squash on the side.

VT592.jpg

Blue Jack Burger with colby jack melted and topped with a bacon weave. Served with a side of soy sauce kale chips.

Replies

• Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you're an "amateur chef" I don't know what the hell that makes me. My pictures would pretty much be paper plates, a large piece of meat, and a sriracha murder scene. Those look awesome. :D
  • big_onion
    big_onion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this since I started keto, but I think it's mostly perfect for a keto diet.

P8268973.JPG

Take a hunk of pork shoulder (Boston butt), brine it overnight, rinse, put in a slow cooker on low in the morning, leave it for 8 hours. Shred it in the pot. Optionally drain the juice. Make sure to pull out the shoulder bone.

In the picture I had tossed it with some BBQ sauce. Not sure how that works out since I'm sure it had a bunch of sugar in it, but honestly brined pork like this doesn't need it. If you drain off the juice keep it to add to some veggies or something. It's basically just pork fat and drippings.

EDIT: I just made myself hungry. Gonna make this over the weekend, I think.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this since I started keto, but I think it's mostly perfect for a keto diet.

In the picture I had tossed it with some BBQ sauce. Not sure how that works out since I'm sure it had a bunch of sugar in it, but honestly brined pork like this doesn't need it. If you drain off the juice keep it to add to some veggies or something. It's basically just pork fat and drippings.

EDIT: I just made myself hungry. Gonna make this over the weekend, I think.

I've made homemade keto barbeque sauce before that was actually pretty good. It used a can of Diet Rite and tomato paste and seasonings. I'm sure you can find it on google since I found it through "low carb bbq sauce" lol. I've also made a sweet Korean bbq sauce for Korean meatballs using a similar recipe.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/uZGuJ

on my 31st birthday, my girlfriend banned me from the kitchen and made me a keto "cake" of steak and parmesan cheese, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, and chicken and cheddar cheese, all covered with bacon, and all of THAT wrapped in a loaf of ground beef seasoned like a meatball, and frosted it with mashed parade cauliflower (mashed with heavy cream to make it really smooth!) Be jealous! It was delicious! :D
  • SnugNuts
    SnugNuts Posts: 15
    Options
    Looks awesome, I need to try some of these things in here.
  • ployjoy
    ployjoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Yum! I really need to buy some pork shoulder, that way I wouldn't have to cook for a while! That keto "cake" looks great, too. What a great gesture from your girlfriend!

And a keto staple: STEAK! I shoved garlic into the fat of this and it was delicious!

PccCT.jpg
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Some Sirloin Steak I had last week. Might make it again tonight or tomorrow night.

http://i.imgur.com/Swajk.jpg

Okay, how do you embed photos in this forum?
  • big_onion
    big_onion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just a note for people posting pics: to actually put the image in, just enter [ img ] (without the spaces) then the URL, then [ /img ] (also without the spaces).
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fun time cooking tonight. Cooked 'The Perfect Steak' ala Gordon Ramsey and made a half-dozen Coconut Flour Biscuits for future eats.

http://imgur.com/Bi4Fz
    Sirloin steak, medium rare

http://imgur.com/nNUXu
    Coconut Flour Biscuits, about 1g net carbs each (they're about the size of a good sized cookie)

Biscuit recipe here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/v6gp3/fp_biscuits_and_gravy_sunday_morning_breakfast_of/

I cut the recipe in half since I'm low on eggs and made 6 biscuits.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    U4mPr.jpg
    cream of broc and zuch soup. this is my fave.

YdtgN.jpg
    almond flour cookie

WTa3x.jpg
    brussels, squash, and riced cauli all sauteed in butter

K3mGI.jpg
    pepper eggs! i did not like them. i can't cook eggs,

WW8Ca.jpg
    steak and broc

LZpJE.jpg
    stuffed pepper with hamburger and flax

6m5RF.jpg
    almond flour pancake

5iiXR.jpg
    mexipizza. split a pita into 2 circles. toast one half. cover other one with meat and cheese.
    put toasted one on top, cover with veggies/cheese, sour cream, or even more meat!
    toast again and get all melty.
    i forgot the black olives :(

HVVI0.jpg
    low carb chicken parm! chicken coated in egg and almond flour, fried in coconut oil.
    served on spaghetti squash and low carb pasta sauce.
    topped with cheese.
  • MattDPS
    MattDPS Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    K2kOR.jpg?1

Lavash bread pizza
  • brienicole1
    Options
    I can see its been over a month since anyone has posted. But, I have been putting mine on instagram and twitter with the hashtag #keto. I find it easier to search. Would love to see you all there too!
  • carolinagirl1112
    Options
    Made this the other night for a snack. I call it "Buffalo chicken bowl"

2ICPi.jpg?1