Great health results today!

Options
swingkid1975
swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
I had a great health day today. The beginning of March I had blood work done and today had a biometric screening done.

Results:
Weight down 10 lbs
Cholesterol down 11 points
LDL (bad cholesterol) down 13 points
Glucose down 9 points

The guy who was doing the screening was talking to me while we were waiting on my results and he asked why I did strength training. I said to build bone density, build muscle mass, burn calories etc. He said I should really do lots of cardio and if I HAD to lift that it should be light to med weights with high reps because I didn't want to get all big and bulky. He asked if I had lost weight and I said 10 lbs. Then we looked at my results and his tone seemed to change and he hemmed and hawed and said "okay, keep lifting since it's working for you". Thanks for the advice. I'm glad he's not my trainer.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!!!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LMBO! Bet he felt pretty...uh...dumb for handing out advice.

Congrats on the dropping numbers though! It excites me even more every time I read about a success with EM2WL!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :love:

GREAT news!!

And good for you for "shutting him up"! (thinking a naughty word in my head)
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats!!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great results, well done:flowerforyou:
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great results! Sometimes the scale takes on so much focus that health is just a secondary thought. So nice to see people first getting healthy, with weight loss being the secondary goal or side effect.