Hi guys new here

Options
Hi I'm Laura
I'm new here and pretty excited about joining this group. I get the newsletter everyday and then found out about this place. I definitely can use the support.

I got GBS Sept. 14th 2011 at 232lbs and I'm a 137 now..my goal is like 120 or 125..I can't believe it's not that far This journey has definitely has been a long strange trip but one day at a time I'm learning what works for me and how I can better take care of myself. At first, I was very scare losing all this weight. I enjoyed my protection. But as time goes on I'm adjusting. It's weird going to the "normal" clothing aisle. The one thing I do hate is everyone's coment about the weight loss and the women in my lives feeling less than because of the changes in me. I think their beautiful just the way they are and I tell them so. Why would they feel bad about themselves when one of their fellow sisters is doing well. I always believe anything we overcome should be celebrated! I love it when my friends do well..and I love them just as much when they don't. I just don't understand since I've lost this weight things have to change. When I was fat it was never and issue and I wasn't a threat or a reason for insecurity. That is some of the things I really get angry about when it comes to this change of lifestyle. Well, enough out of me. Have a goodie guys!
Blessings,
Laura.G

Replies

• crosa527
    crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is interesting that women are becoming insecure by your weight loss. You might try telling them that you chose to lose weight to be healthy, not to make them feel bad. Sometimes when we put it right out there, the other person will see they are being self-centered.