Dexa scan results vs scooby site?

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
I have tried several times to stick to the EM2LW it actually does my head in .... i feel guilty at eating too much and then the scales fluctuate (im a daily weigher...always will be so no point anyone saying forget the scales for a while) Anyway....i had a dexa scan in late April...i have a very high muscle mass (64.9 kilos is lean mass of my 88 kilos body). I was advised my RMR was 1871 and that i should eat 1900-2000 cals per day. Exercise wise i currently only train 3 days a week....one day i do a 6.5km run with some short sprints in it...thursday i do 30 minute PT session of weights and then something with it (like tonite ill do 30 mins on cross trainer) then on saturday i do a 10km run followed by 60 mins body pump and 60 mins body balance. My stats are :

CW : 88 kilos (193.6 pounds)

I am only needing to lose 9 kilos. My gut kinda says do only 1945 calories with my current exercise program and eat back exercise cals so i hit 1745 cals (my BMR on fat2fit) but am interested in others feedback :)

Thanks in advance

Replies

• listabit
    listabit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats: I'm 43, 189lbs, and pretty muscular from strength over the past three years. I have a body media fit that tracks my caloric burn - without any workout I burn 2400 cals a day; with any small amount of working out ( a three mile walk) it goes up to 2700-2800. Your workouts seem pretty intense. Under this EMTWL theory, I'd bet you need to eat even more than what you planned.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I concur with listabit...you might need to eat even more than you think.
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Argh ive bitten the bullet and will stick to this for a minimum of 6 weeks! Total committment....someone please kick me if i talk of giving up at the 2 week mark again! lol 2350 calories is what I am presuming I should be eating (SO much....this is my biggest battle....dealing with the guilt of eating so much after 5.5 years of weight loss to lose 85 kilos)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Argh ive bitten the bullet and will stick to this for a minimum of 6 weeks! Total committment....someone please kick me if i talk of giving up at the 2 week mark again! lol 2350 calories is what I am presuming I should be eating (SO much....this is my biggest battle....dealing with the guilt of eating so much after 5.5 years of weight loss to lose 85 kilos)
    I am eating 2400 and in the beginning it felt sooooooo much
    Now I am at the point that I can't even imagine how to survive on less
    You will get there. The bloating in the beginning is hard, but it will get easier. Wait for the moment, when you will get hungry. Then 2400 don't seem much all of the sudden, you'll see :)
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Oh I know I can eat the 2350! Lol I'm a good eater :) its more I feel bad for eating so much and I wonde/worry have I miscalculated things cos after nearly 6 years of losing weight I feel like a naughty girl who shouldn't be eating so much if that makes sense :)