It really DOES work! (**and a question**)

Options
AnitraSoto
AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
I started EM2WL on May 14th and bumped my calories up from 1,200 to 1,880 a day. (not a full re-set, but a 15% cut based on Scooby calculator) . I had been eating 1200 calories a day and not ever eating back my exercise calories since October 1, 2011...

I have been doing strength training at home (Supreme 90 DVDs) and trying to walk several miles a day @ 4 mph. - just a way to de-stress after work.

Original Starting Weight on Oct 1, 2011 = 210

Starting Weight for EM2WL = 156.6 (May 14, 2012)

Goal Weight = 150.0

First week on EM2WL - no gain, no loss

Second week = 155.4 (1.2 pound loss)

Third week = 155.0 (.4 pound loss) - purchased BodyMedia Fit to see real TDEE

Fourth week = 154.0 ( 1 pound loss) - raised calories to 2,000/day based on new BodyMedia Fit TDEE readings

Fifth week = 153.0 (1 pound loss)

3 more pounds to goal :-)

****NOW MY QUESTION...

I will be having surgery this Friday and the Doctor says no lifting anything more than 2 pounds for 6 weeks post-op and exercise will be limited to walking only for that time period. What should I do with my calories? (I have a BMF, so I was just thinking to eat ~300 calories less than my BMF says I am burning each day post-op to maintain a slight deficit... ) Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice!

Anitra

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Great work!

I would say just go by your BMF for sure and cut out a decent calorie deficit and you will be ok.... the BMF should compensate for the drop in exercise levels while you recover.

Good luck with the Surgery!
  • AnitraSoto
    Options
    Great work!

I would say just go by your BMF for sure and cut out a decent calorie deficit and you will be ok.... the BMF should compensate for the drop in exercise levels while you recover.

Good luck with the Surgery!

Thanks so much! I was just thinking of just trying to maintain a 15% deficit based on the BMFs daily readings, and as I become more active postop, just upping the calories progressively.
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    Based on what I've read, honestly, I would not try to keep a deficit at all, at least for the first two weeks. IDK what kind of surgery you're having (and I'm not asking you to share), but regardless your body is going to need extra calories to recover. And your BMF is not going to consider that factor. I realize it's important to continue to "quantify" your intake in order to keep your routine (and sanity), but you should probably let go of "trying to lose" during your recovery. Which, I know SUCKS, since it is JUST 3 POUNDS!

Stay hydrated and eat well (which you already do) and you'll recover faster and be able to lift and stretch and all those other super-woman moves you do better than ever! :)

Will be praying for you, btw.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am so happy for you

Hope you will be recovering quickly from your surgery

All the best
  • AnitraSoto
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies guys! You know, I never really considered that my body will probably actually heal faster without the deficit, so I may just use the post-op time for a "mini re-set" and eat at TDEE fo a couple of weeks... Thanks again, I truly appreciate your input!

See you on the flip side :-D
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan Girlfriend! I really, really love having you for a pal, btw! :)
  • AnitraSoto
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan Girlfriend! I really, really love having you for a pal, btw! :)

(((hugs))) right back at cha!