What will your aim be?

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
So What are you aiming to acheive during this 31day challenge?

I wanna try and get my running time down and just get into more of a habit of running really and then hope everything else falls into place.

Aiming to do the 31 miles...If i do more then thats a bonus but my main aim is just 31 mile.

What about everyone else what areyou gonna aim for?

Replies

• spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I saw this group listed on the "newest groups" listing and I'm in! I recently got to week 7 in the couch to 5k and injured myself. I was determined to keep active, though, so started walking as fast as I can....and I realized how much more I enjoy walking! I hate every single second of running, and that makes it even harder.

So, seeing as I walk every morning (usually around 3 miles), my goal is to walk that distance every single day. :)
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am trying to walk more , so when i saw this group, i thought it would help motivate me.

My aim is to walk at least 4 times a week at least 2 miles at a time
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from the school most days twice a day, which is 8 miles a day, on the odd occasion I dont walk each time, I've put an average of 6 miles per day x 5 which is 30 miles a week! Plus I do my C25K 3 times per week of which I'm covering about 2 miles per time, so another 6 miles average per week (should go up as month goes on).

So not really sure what to have as my goal, guess really I need to get the C25K cracked, just started 2nd week.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from the school most days twice a day, which is 8 miles a day, on the odd occasion I dont walk each time, I've put an average of 6 miles per day x 5 which is 30 miles a week! Plus I do my C25K 3 times per week of which I'm covering about 2 miles per time, so another 6 miles average per week (should go up as month goes on).

So not really sure what to have as my goal, guess really I need to get the C25K cracked, just started 2nd week.

Wow 30miles a week! Mayb your goal should be 120 in the month then heh
  • amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the C25K and I'm thinking 2 miles each time I do that so at 3 times a week that's 6 miles. Then on the other days I've starting walking about 2 miles as well so that should be another 8 a week. Hoping to add some biking in too with the fam but not going to count on that yet.
  • nlepine84
    nlepine84 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my second Half Marathon in September so I'm using this group to keep me on track of my weekly km's. I have get about 50 km in to get 31miles so that's about 3 weeks of running if I stay on track and fit in all my runs. The hard part will be to ensure I do this while on holidays and while camping!

All of the miles I keep track of will be running.
  • byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is just the motivation I need to get back on track. I was using my treadmill about 3-4 times a week, but have recently slacked off.

I think a goal of 31 miles in July will be a piece of cake.....oh, wait, I WANT CAKE...j/k LOL

I will hopefully exceed the 31 mile goal. I hope to do 3 miles/day at least 3 days/week.

Here's to getting back on track.
  • tumay
    tumay Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know yet what to set as a target or if I get to 31 miles but I'd like to see how close I can get.
  • riadee512
    riadee512 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just joined this site today and have been consistently working out for two weeks now.

My goal is to run at least one mile a day after work -- I'm already at 1.5mi a day, so I think I'll go over!

Excited to get this going.
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1) I need to drop body fat and running is the best way to do it.
    2) I promised myself that at 45, I would run the Marine Corps Marathon. I feel obligated to do that as a former Marine. That's 2 years away so I need to get into the habit of running now.
    3) General overall health.
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have about 85 pounds that I want to lose. In general though, I just want to be healthy!

I'm excited to do this!
  • ppelletier81
    Options
    I plan to see how much variety of swim, run, bike and even walking that I can do in a month.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    First thanks for setting up this challenge. Awesome!!!

My aim for July is to:
    :smile: Continue with the C25K program which I am currently on Week 2. That amounts to about 3 miles 3 days out of the week. (Monday, Thursday, and Saturday)
    :smile: I bike on Friday's which amounts to 6 miles.
    :smile: I walk about 4 miles a day M-F.

:smile: So my aim is to meet or exceed 20 miles each week. in July between Biking, Jogging, and Walking.:smile:

Looking forward to this.
  • tonyduncan67
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds since late January 2012. I am looking for something that will help me to stay motivated. This is an interesting challenge.
    Goals:
    Run at a minimum of one mile every day of the week.
    Maintain a minimum of running 10 miles per week.
    I hope to lose 5 pounds in the month of July.
    Run one 5k fun run this month.
    Run at least 10 miles out doors this month.
  • smazza
    smazza Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this challenge. I used to run all the time but kind of lost my motivation. I have a 1/2 marathon in December that I want to finish in 2:15 so I really need to get back with it.

Goals:
    Run 4-5 times per week with 3-4 mile mid-week runs & Sunday 5-6 mile runs
    I want to get my time back to a consistent 5.5 mph so that when my real traning starts I can get it down to more like 5.7-5.8.
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just want to run and make it, started running on april 1st not killing it by any means but up to 20 minutes 3 times a week so in July I should be able to hopefully get up to 25-30 minutes 3-4 times a week had planter faciates so really going slow on the increase but so far so good
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Right now I do a walk/jog interval workout (C25K) 3-4 days a week, about 2.5 miles each workout. So that would average out about 31 miles over the whole month, but since I'm working on increasing my endurance as well as getting faster (therefore going farther in the same time limit), hopefully it will actually be more.
  • eric198
    eric198 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We'll I've been averaging about 45-50 miles a month the past couple of months. I think I'll double down and shoot for 100 miles in July!! I don't think I've ever walked 100 miles in a month. This should be great!! I'm looking forward to the challenge.
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i saw this group and want to challenge my self. i can walk 5miles in just under 1hr and 5 min..i have not done it in two weeks b/c i have been letting life get in the way. So i plan on starting againg tomorrow i want to eventally run 5miles b/c i don't run
  • bdavis11758
    bdavis11758 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just saw this post and I'm all in.

I just started exercising and began biking; I am able to bike twice a week for 24 miles but I average only 9 mph.

My goals are:
    - By the end of July I can bike ride 2 x's per week at least 15 miles per ride and average 11 miles per hour
    - Swim one day a week for 1 mile within an hour
    - Lose 7 pounds in July!