Week 1, Day 1

Options
Hi Guys :-) I started last night, I decided to to do Tues, Thurs, Sat this week and than revert back to my original schedule next week of Mon, Wed, Fri. I just had to start last night I think if I didnt than I would have made excuses and put it off LOL! Anyway Heres my first day results, in my exercise journal I am counting warm up and cool down since I did burn tha many cals. and do that distance but for the sake of training for a 5k I'm only using the numbers with no warm up and cool down (If your curious you can always check out my exercise log its open)

Okay down to the good stuff *drum roll please :laugh:

C25k Week 1, Day 1:

Overall Pace: 14:25
Overall Distance: 1.28miles
Time: 18:30
Fastest Interval: 10:53
Longest Interval: 0.10miles
Carlories: 173

At work I walk 1 mile in about 19minutes so this is a pretty good improvement, overall I'm more than thrilled with myself I didnt anticipate it being so easy on me. At first I was struggling with my breathing but than I just slowed it down. Remember this isnt a race its a marathon lol

Howd it go for you?

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 today, average interval time for running is around 14.13, which I was always faster, even though I'm barely moving? But have found my walking has gotten slower now, I'm not meeting average interval time!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I started week 2 today, average interval time for running is around 14.13, which I was always faster, even though I'm barely moving? But have found my walking has gotten slower now, I'm not meeting average interval time!

Does it yell at you if you dont meet the avg time lol Im just curious how do you know if your meeting it? Does it tell you automatically or are you analyzing past runs?
  • heatherambrosia
    Options
    Great job on your first day back at it!

I'm in week 7 and still average pace is about 13:15 so you'll be there (and past me I'm sure) in no time! Good job!
  • amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did my first day on Monday. I went with my 5 year old son (he rode his bike) and there was a lot of stopping, slowing down, and redirecting! But to have him with me was totally worth it!

Distance was 1.73 miles at 17 min/mile
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I did my first day on Monday. I went with my 5 year old son (he rode his bike) and there was a lot of stopping, slowing down, and redirecting! But to have him with me was totally worth it!

Thats awesome!! I thought about doing it while pushing my 3year old in the stroller but i didnt cause the stroller sucks on the track, when i go on the street i wil prob take him. Thats so sweet you are getting your son involved I can wait till my son can ride his bike well enough to join in :-)
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys :-) I started last night, I decided to to do Tues, Thurs, Sat this week and than revert back to my original schedule next week of Mon, Wed, Fri. I just had to start last night I think if I didnt than I would have made excuses and put it off LOL! Anyway Heres my first day results, in my exercise journal I am counting warm up and cool down since I did burn tha many cals. and do that distance but for the sake of training for a 5k I'm only using the numbers with no warm up and cool down (If your curious you can always check out my exercise log its open)

C25k Week 1, Day 1:

At work I walk 1 mile in about 19minutes so this is a pretty good improvement, overall I'm more than thrilled with myself I didnt anticipate it being so easy on me. At first I was struggling with my breathing but than I just slowed it down. Remember this isnt a race its a marathon lol

Howd it go for you?

I did Day 1 yesterday. I used an app on my ITouch; no iPhone, no pedometer. This may be a stupid question, but can you tell me what these stats are you're quoting and how you got them?
  • PamH85
    PamH85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! Way to get out there! I too started back (after about a six month hiatus) yesterday and boy am I sore. I find running is the only way to get some time to myself :)

Distance: 2.50 miles Pace: 12:48 min/mi
  • krikit_lo
    krikit_lo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was week 1 day 2 today, what App is everyone using? Mine doesn't give me any stats like everyone is quoting. I need a new app as it seems like good info to know.
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was week 1 day 2 today, what App is everyone using? Mine doesn't give me any stats like everyone is quoting. I need a new app as it seems like good info to know.

I use the active.com Couch-to-5K app on my iPhone.
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    Options
    Completed day 1 today OUTSIDE! I got out the door at 6AM and it was already 80 degrees, but there was a slight breeze blowing so it wasn't too bad. I'm proud of myself!

C25k Week 1, Day 1:

Overall Pace: 13:37
    Overall Distance: 2.20miles
    Time: 32:06
    Carlories: 230
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    Options

Awesome job! And with a 5 year old! Impressive :)
  • evansproudmama
    Options

C25k Week 1, Day 1:

Howd it go for you?

I did Day 1 yesterday. I used an app on my ITouch; no iPhone, no pedometer. This may be a stupid question, but can you tell me what these stats are you're quoting and how you got them?

Hey There :-) My app on my android gives me these stats. It also provided me with overall stats (including a 5min warm up and 5min cool down) however for the sake of trying to train for a 5k where I wont be doing a cool down I only put my running stats :-) however I did inlcude my warm up cool down in miles achieved and cals burned under my exercise journal (feel free to check it out i have an open diary :-)

Ps if you have an android I would recommend to the c25k run double app its free for two weeks than just 1.60 I think its worth it, if you have music on your phone it will allow you to create playlists with it and since I only have pandora I just run my music and the app talks over it very nice and thoughtless i just get out there and work it!! lol
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So, for people that are reporting time: this must mean that your app is measuring distance rather than time?

And how does a phone app measure distance? Is it because of the GPS?

I don't have a smart phone -- I'm using my iTouch, which doesn't have a GPS. It guides me based on time. The first day was intervals of run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds. I thought this was pretty cool, but after checking in here, I feel like I'm lacking something! Do you think these stats you're reporting are important? is the goal to try to improve your times?
  • barbcouperus
    barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 2 yesterday in the 100 degree heat and it was sllooowwww...but I did it!
    I use an app on my iphone called joglog...it has built workouts and the C25K was one of them. You can play your own music as you run and it talks to you and lets you know when to warmup/cooldown and walk/jog. It records the time/distance/calories burned, which you can choose to post to Twitter or Facebook for extra encouragement from your friends. The app was free and I'm pretty sure it can be used on any smartphone...
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    So, for people that are reporting time: this must mean that your app is measuring distance rather than time?

And how does a phone app measure distance? Is it because of the GPS?

I don't have a smart phone -- I'm using my iTouch, which doesn't have a GPS. It guides me based on time. The first day was intervals of run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds. I thought this was pretty cool, but after checking in here, I feel like I'm lacking something! Do you think these stats you're reporting are important? is the goal to try to improve your times?

My app has two ways you can do it- either by time or by distance, since im just starting out Im actually doing time. It just gives you the stats like how I listed it I cant tell you the reasoning for it but yes our phones are tracking us via GPS
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    Day 2

I finished it! I almost had myself talked out of it on the way home from work, but when I got home I thought I might as well try. I had downloaded Robert Ullery's podcast for my ipod and wanted to give it a try. I think his encouragement helped me finish. One more day to go for this week.....!