What do you do on your days off

Options
Snapdragons3
Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
What do you do on your days off? I feel like I should be doing something those days. Maybe the exercise bug has finally bitten me. :)

Replies

• buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Right now I rest. I haven't been active in years and I am giving my body time to recover. Hopefully soon I will start doing more in between.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I usually go out for a 30-60 min walk on my off days at the same time I would normally go for C25K or later in the afternoon depending on my schedule. Walking daily is what got me to start C25K. It's easy to do, and I actually enjoy that time.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do ripped in 30 two days a week. My thought is that it will help me get the muscles stronger and running will help build cardio. Of course they both do a bit of each. Whatever you choose just be sure you don't overdo it. The best way to want to quit is to make your workout routine too hard.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am going to walk the dog and try to do JM 30 Day Shred most "off" days to build some muscle...
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Strength training.....any way I can get it lol.

The first time I ran C25k , that's all I did. I lost weight but did not gain much muscle.

I keep reading (and my nutritionist/fitness guru has told me) that strength training is a big factor in losing weight. So, this time through the C25k program, I'm going to supplement my "off" days with strength training and see how it turns out.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Strength training.....any way I can get it lol.

The first time I ran C25k , that's all I did. I lost weight but did not gain much muscle.

I keep reading (and my nutritionist/fitness guru has told me) that strength training is a big factor in losing weight. So, this time through the C25k program, I'm going to supplement my "off" days with strength training and see how it turns out.

This was me the first few times I did C25k...didn't do any strength training. I'm learning now why it is so important.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Walk the puppy, pilates, yoga, and strength training.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    After my body stops protesting about the C25k I'll add back in strength training also. At least upper body for now.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred with it.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hiking at weekends and Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones DVD when I can - great strength training to go alongside the cardio of C25K.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I just started doing Bob Harper's Kettlebell workout as it is time for me to get a move on it with some strength training.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred with it.
    Me too! :drinker:
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I walk sometimes, but not always. I'm running after strength training at the moment, but since I'm adding interval training in a couple of weeks I'm going to be doing strength/intervals on one day and running on the other days, with one day off a week. Should work out for me I hope!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been doing boot camp. I used to do Spinning & Zumba but I thought that was too much cardio & leg work in between so switched over to boot camp which has some nice muscle work. I will switch to power yoga for the last weeks of C25K though and give my legs a nice stretch:)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I used to do alternate with the 30DS. I'm going to start doing that again.
  • annadunn12
    annadunn12 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do a good 60minute walk on my rest days, but after reading the comments above think I should be looking at strength training. Does everyone rate Jillian Michaels? Her name seems to crop up a lot :-)
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    I do Zumba. If I dont do anything i get restless :)
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I do a good 60minute walk on my rest days, but after reading the comments above think I should be looking at strength training. Does everyone rate Jillian Michaels? Her name seems to crop up a lot :-)

I really like Jillian Michaels' 30 DS. However, I found that the high impact moves in her videos was not conducive for my success at C25K. I do have bad knees, so that doesn't help. I had to choose between the 2 and since I was just starting C25K and was just about finished with 30DS, I stuck to C25K and have found some lower impact workouts to do on my days off. JM's workouts are challenging and they get the job done.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I really like Jillian Michaels' 30 DS. However, I found that the high impact moves in her videos was not conducive for my success at C25K. I do have bad knees, so that doesn't help. I had to choose between the 2 and since I was just starting C25K and was just about finished with 30DS, I stuck to C25K and have found some lower impact workouts to do on my days off. JM's workouts are challenging and they get the job done.

^this^

I was planning on doing 30 day shred consecutively, but after my w2d1 run yesterday my knees were screaming that it was not logical. The shred is very hard on bad knees and coupled with running could be bad, so I'm going to stick with the shred on off days, but not overdo or overlap both. I would rather run, so I'm going to be more careful to put that as a priority.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    On the days that I am not doing c25k I am doing EA Sports Active 2 on the Wii. It has been a great tool for getting my overall cardio and strength to a point where I can challenge myself to do the jogging. Both wonderful programs - c25k and EA Sports Active 2 -