emotional eating friends

Options
MileyClimb
MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
Hi my name is Katie. I'm a single mom and a college student. I have struggled with emotional eating since age9. today I emotionally ate at lunch we went out to eat I got a chicken tenders dinner with green beans, potato wedges and a roll. with my breakfast lunch total I am at 1,0001 calories. I will need to skip dinner and work out to burn it off.

Replies

• RDawn7
    RDawn7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Katie my name is Angel. I am also a single mom with 4 children. I just started on this program and have only lost 1 pound. I see that you have been losing weight despite your binge eating. So, that is a good thing. When I was in high school I developed an eating disorder. I was anorexic and bulemic. After I got married in college I started binge eating. I had to go to therapy to figure out what triggered these binges. I also read this book "Feeding the Hungry Heart", that really opened my eyes to why I deal with my emotions by using comfort foods. It was a difficult task to figure out all my triggers, for I had many. To tell you the truth, a lot of my problems stemmed from childhood sexual abuse. I just wanted to share my story with you, because you are not alone in your struggle.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    thank you I posted my story in my blog titled eating disorders in reference to a blog made. mine stems from a lot of child hood traumas in my life. I undereat most of the time and when I do binge eat I cover with excessively working out. those two things are my biggest struggles. I am using my food diary to write about the emotional triggers when I feel the need to binge eat. I have not had dinner yet or my snack my diary is completed just yet.
  • gameon15
    gameon15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie & Angel. My name is Karry & a lot of my emotional eating also stems from childhood trauma. Separately I also have a lot of current stressors with my family & it's so hard not to eat when my emotions get highly charged. MFP has helped me to think about eating before I eat it...but now I"m getting into when I want to binge out on crap, but don't because I feel like I "can't" with this program, I just don't feel like eating anything...so I'm starting to eat a lot less...but not in a good way. I've never been anywhere near anorexic, I don't know what it's like to experience it...all I know is that I've been feeling angry & I'm putting that anger out by eating less. I also have to be careful because I have Epilepsy. I've been seizure free for years, but I still have to take care of myself...but I am just so angry right now & don't feel like eating much
  • jcclsn
    jcclsn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with emotional eating since high school. I know it stems from childhood trauma as well. I'm currently seeing a counselor about how to get a handle on it. Hopefully it will help me. I know that I will not get the results I want of eating healthy if I continue to let my emotions sabotage all my hard work. I think that it is also helpful seeing that others have the same struggles as I do. Please feel free to send me a friend request. I'm pretty new on here and I think it is helpful to have positive support from one another. Best of luck to you all on your journey to a healthier you!