About me!

Options
I love to learn about new people! It is a small world after all! I find it very important to make connections with people!! :) Here are a few questions if you want to answer!

Name: Jaimi

State: TN

Height: 6'0"

Occupation: Currently a hostess at a local BBQ resturant, counseling student in the fall at Johnson Bible College in Knoxville, TN

favorite non-healthy food: MEXICAN with lots of cheese!!!

Any big events/races coming up for you this year? Who knows we might get to meet! I am attempting to cycle 100 mi in East Prarie, MO next weekend and running the St.Jude Half Marathon on December 1st! Also the Color Run 5K in Nashville. (these are the only ones I have signed up for so far, but I do them often)

Now your turn to share about you!

Replies

• angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy

State: NH

Height: 5'10

Favorite Non-Healthy food: CHOCOLATE anything!

Events of the year: My Daughter will be graduating 8th grade and my son will be graduating high school and earning his eagle scout all within the next 12 months.
  • jaimibeth14
    Options
    Name: Mandy

State: NH

Height: 5'10

Events of the year: My Daughter will be graduating 8th grade and my son will be graduating high school and earning his eagle scout all within the next 12 months.

Hey Mandy!
    I LOVE chocolate! :))
  • amykins68
    amykins68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy

State: CA

Height: 5'5"

favorite non-healthy food: pizza

My goal for this year is to get back to running. I have a knee injury and severe plantar fascitis that currently keep me from even walking for fun. I am hoping to be back at least into walking shape by July 1. I need to do this challenge. :)
  • angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy!!! I was just diagnosed with plantar fasciitis on Friday- it HURTS! I am here with ya every painful step of the way. We can do it!
  • kebrina1983
    Options
    Name: Kebrina

State: NY, Brooklyn

Height: 5'2"

Favorite non-healthy food: Chinese Food!

My goal for this year is to lose at least another 25lbs. In addition, I want to workout outdoors! So far all of my workout consists of treadmill walking, Leslie Sansone and TaeBo. Time for me to start walking in the park!
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Name: Amber

State: Amarillo, TX

Ager: 32

Favorite non-healthy food: CANDY...preferably chocolate

Goals: I want to be healthy for my family.
  • 2012kwhay
    2012kwhay Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am returning to MFP with a new attitude - one that says I can do this! So I am using the support system and challenges - never did that before so I am excited to find new friends from across the country.

Name: Karen

Height: 5' 1" (if I stretch really tall!) :laugh:

Favorite non-healthy food: anything Italian and wine

Events of the year: Youngest son graduates with masters degree in Dec 2012 Oldest son gets married Sept 2013 AND.... I want to get much better at my golf game! I would love to run but my "old" knees won't let me so I walk.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Name: Trish

Favorite Non-Healthy food: Wine

Events of the year: Would like to participate in a 5 or 10km fun run.
    Goal is to maintain my weight loss and never go back!
  • DMC713
    DMC713 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Nicole

Sate: VT

Height: 5'5"

Favorite Non-health food: Bread and butter -oooh and chocolate

Big event/goal: 20 year reunion for college, 8th grade graduation for one of my daughters, and I would like to return to running.
  • eric198
    eric198 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Name: Eric
    State: FL
    Height: 6'3"
    Favorite healthy foods: broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower
    Any big events/races? I want to participate in a 5k before the end of the year. I've never done one before.

I'm looking forward to this challenge!
  • Carmennorth
    Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Name: Carmen
    State: Florida
    Height: 5'9"
    Favorite Non-Health Food- Italian and Wine!
    Big Event/Goal- 20 year reunion, Half Marathon (beating my last time) and FINALLY getting back to my fighting weight!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Name: Bridgette
    State: MI
    Height: 5'6"
    Favorite unhealthy food: anything cheesy (pizza, nachos, enchiladas....)
    Big events: Hoping to run my 2nd 5K in August and shave at least 3 minutes off my time.
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So excited to join this challenge! :) I've run a handful of 5k's and would like to improve my time, so I think this challenge will be perfect!

Name: Lauren

State: Missouri

Height: 5'7"

Favorite non-healthy food: Do I have to pick just one? lol! I am a pizza and ice cream kind of girl.

Any big events/races coming up for you this year? I am doing the Color Run in KC at the end of June, the Glow Run in July, and the Race for the Rescue (dog 'n' jog) in August. That's the agenda so far. I'm hoping to accomplish better times on the 5ks and eventually attempt a 10k and then a half-marathon (without dying). :-)

Good luck to everyone!
  • jaimibeth14
    Options
    So nice to "meet" everyone! :) I cant wait until the challenge either! Just got off my bike a few minutes ago...21 mile ride this evening!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so excited to start this challenge!

Name: Alice

State: NC

Favorite Non-Healthy Food: FRENCH FRIES!!!!

Upcoming Events/Goals: I am participating in my first 10K in April 2013! I've never even done a 5K except on my treadmill! I have lost 19lbs and would love to lose another 25-30lbs! I'm planning to do a few 5K's between now and April. I have a bad knee and running on the hard surface (like a track) really isn't that easy, but my thinking is that when I lose more weight, the knee pain will subside substantially. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

Good luck to us all! We CAN do this!
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This challenge was designed for me. I do so much better when i get involved with these.

Name: Patty

State: Pa.

Favorite Non- healthy food: several...ice cream cheese doodles, and chinese food in no particular order

Upcoming events/Goals: want to try and hit onederland by my birthday July 22nd...do a 5K memorial race and shave off minutes from my time....i want to live healthier, longer, and more happier!!

Thanks again for coming up with this challenge...it is achieveable!!! So all we got to do is believe!!
  • CarBeanQueen1
    CarBeanQueen1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Name: Donna

State: FL

Height: 5'5

Favorite Non-Healthy food: Fried Anything

Events of the year: I just moved to Florida in February 2012 for a change of pace and atmosphere in my life. To be able to focus on myself and my health. I will be visiting my family for the 1st time in November for Thanksgiving. It would be nice to surprise them :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Name: Desirae Nicole aka Nikki

State: WA

Height: 5'2

Current weight: 138

Goal weight: 120

Events of the year: Side lines at a boxing ring, for my boyfriends boxing matches in vegas. Gotta get to lookin good this year! Cuz all those dumb b-i-t-c-h-e-s with rockin bods holding the signs cant have my man haha
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Name: Hilary

State: MA

Height: 5'7

Favorite Non-Healthy food: French Fries...Pizza...Chinese...

Events of the year: One of my brother's is getting married and I want to look good. I also just need to do this for my own health.... :) Good luck all!!!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Name: Val

State: TX

Height: 5'4"

Favorite non-healthy food: bread

Goals: Shooting for 20% bodyfat; want to be able to do 10 pull-ups, unassisted. In December i'm having a breast lift.