upped my cals again - I think I am going to be sick...

Options
degan2011
degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
This is very nerve wracking for me, I can't believe how nervous I am, I feel almost nausious.

I started this journey on June 8, by upping my cals to 1649 (TDEE -15% at sedentary) because I wanted to be able to log my workout cals.
My BMR is 1618 according to scooby.

It is hard to know exactly which days I will be working out as I have 3-4 kids at home at any given time, each with needs and wants that play on my time, not to mention other family and household tasks, etc. But I keep track and have gotten at 4 days a week of P90x in since June 1.

I upped my cals to 2130 (TDEE -15% at 3-5 workout per week) it is actually causing me stress! what a weird feeling...
I discovered Green Monster smoothies to help get veggies and calories in that are good for me, I hope that helps!

I have been the same weight (within the same 3 pounds) for over a month now. I have still not lost anymore...

If this doesn't work, I will consider doing the reset, but I am having a hard time just getting the 1649 cals in unless I eat food that is not so good for me. One thing is certain... My metabolism is holding fast to this weight. I need to check my measurements this weekend and see if that has changed at all. Thanks for listenting to my ramble.

Replies

• WinningWithin
    WinningWithin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Degan -

I hear you! I read the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" a few months ago and thought it made SUCH sense, but I couldn't imagine having the courage to actually do it. After another 6 week stretch of dieting, followed by another 3 week stretch of eating everything that wasn't nailed down, I have finally realized that calorie restriction is simply not going to work for me. It isn't sustainable long-term and I don't think it's good for my body or my psyche.

The approach of this group really feels right. I think it's important (for me, at least) to just SLOW DOWN and enjoy the process. I think I'll be much healthier in every way by the time I'm done. :bigsmile:
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have actually gotten back down to 190 even and have been sitting there... BUT... I am able to get into a size 14 so go figure! :) I am happy and I believe it is working! yay! And I found it helpful to get all my calories in if I make veggie smoothies. They are healthy and I get at least 4 servings of veggies and 2-4 servings of fruit per smoothie so I am set for the day! :) I also add protein powder because I can't eat that much food in a day.... Not enougg time. :)