Day 1- June 20th - Cleanse America

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi everyone, tomorrow, Wednesday, June 20th is the official start of the cleanse. If you saw my earlier post, I thought it began on Sunday. I did start on Sunday and so I will consider the last three days as my "getting ready" days.

I have decided to do a combination cleanse, combining raw foods with smoothies and juices.

I will begin a post for each day of the cleanse and I hope each of you will check-in and let everyone know how things are going.

Green Cheers:smile:

Replies

• urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be a participant. I started my day with 20 oz. of lime water to help alkalize my system, had a raspberry-ginger raw protein smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I'll be blogging about the entire experience on RawCurious, complete with meals and some recipes. Challenging, but rewarding and I'm looking forward to the results. Relying on my experience from my previous 7-day raw food cleanse to carry me through. ;-)
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Urbanmasala, I am so glad to see you on this journey with me. Upon rising, I just could not drink 32 oz of water. I did manage to drink 16 oz of filtered lemon water. I ate fruit most of the day and enjoyed a few green smoothies. I had previously prepared one of the raw foods recipes - Greek Style Pasta Bowl and somewhat enjoyed it. Eating raw foods is a new experience for me... but I am committed... to 10 days at least:smile:

I will be stopping by your blog and looking for some of your amazing recipes.
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am on the journey with you and committed to the full 10 days. Girl, there is no way that I can chug that much water first thing in the morning or any other time. lol But I do start my mornings out with 20 oz. of water with the juice of a whole lemon or lime in it to help alkalize my system. I also drink lemon/lime water throughout the day, averaging between 60 and 80 oz. That's plenty since I'm not exercising right now due to severe back strain that is also affecting my hips. I sure hope this heals up pretty soon so that I can get back in the game.

I'm doing raw food and juicing for now. I was thinking of making the last 3 to 5 days of the cleanse liquids only (juices, smoothies and soups), but I'm not sure yet. I've been making raw food dishes and loving them. I actually have some raw vegan "bacon" and raw onion-flax crackers in my dehydrator right now. Can't wait to get at those tomorrow. I haven't blogged about the cleanse yet because I got so caught up in preparing food, but I will definitely do it tomorrow, along with posting the recipes for the "bacon, crackers and the tropical fruit salad with cashew cream ensemble that I'll be making tomorrow.

Haven't seen you on FB in a minute, but I see you're still pretty active here. Hope all in your camp, chica! ;-)