Finally found NROLFW! Any advice before I dive in?

Options
JaimeNJ
JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
I have been looking for the book for days. Every place I went had the most recent book, but not the one for women. So now I have it in my hands, and I'm going to start reading. I've upped my cals from a 15% cut to TDEE this week, and I feel fat and miserable. Well, just fat. Not miserable. I did just get back from the beach. :-)

So here's to the start of a new me.

Any quick tips are welcome!

JJ

Replies

• Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Where did u get the book? I can't find it either. Hang in there, I'm on day 16, best advice I have is track SODIUM !! Wow, I had no idea what mine was, too busy tracking my sugar :(. Sure did help combat the bloat for me !!!
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    Found it on Barnes & Noble online and was able to pick it up at my local store. They had one left in stock.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Get a stick to beat the men off with...

My only advice since I have the wrong undercarriage for that book :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My library said it was only an "Ebook"...is it an actual book with pages? I feel crazy for saying that, lol on the undercarriage ;)
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    Haha! Yes, it's a book with pages! I got Workout A1 in today, and I felt challenged, but it was certainly doable. Now I'm off to shop for the nutritional stuff!

Lol @ undercarriage. Hopefully the men will catch on that I'm not interested in their undercarriage anyway. ;-)

Happy body building!
  • angfm305
    angfm305 Posts: 1
    Options
    J- fill me in on this whole NROLFW concept???? our "vacation" is over starting tomorrow so i will be back on track...well after my right calf stops hurting from the crazy shoes i had to wear on saturday as well as the blisters i got from the flip flops i put on after taking off the crazy shoes!!!! :):) i will look up the book on my kindle....
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    TO ensure I'm getting the right one, is this the one with a picture of the back of a woman holding a dumbbell while flexing? It looks like it was written in 2008?>
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Here is a handy spreadsheet for tracking your progress and demystifying the way they lay out the workouts in the book

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agkjz5fA5QX_dFV6SEtpSXB0S0NCTVpqV1JCRFhIUXc#gid=11

Save a copy for yourself.
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    TO ensure I'm getting the right one, is this the one with a picture of the back of a woman holding a dumbbell while flexing? It looks like it was written in 2008?>

I am mesmerised by that pic, I want those arms and back!:laugh:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for the book for days. Every place I went had the most recent book, but not the one for women. So now I have it in my hands, and I'm going to start reading. I've upped my cals from a 15% cut to TDEE this week, and I feel fat and miserable. Well, just fat. Not miserable. I did just get back from the beach. :-)

So here's to the start of a new me.

Any quick tips are welcome!

JJ

GREAT NEWS~ I think you're gonna LOVE it!!

I just started yesterday and here's what I did ahead of time:

Got myself a clipboard (Walmart)

I copied Stage 1 Workouts A & B~ looked up the descriptions and the pics in the book.

Printed a few Workout Logs from the website.

Took advantage of a free Trainer session at my gym and went over everything with a Trainer~ who gave me some GREAT tips on modifying things for my particular skill level. (I am age 51 with MS and balance issues)

By doing this "dry run", I was able to become familiar the equipment and modifications I needed.

Yesterday went VERY smoothly and only took 25 minutes start to finish (included lost time looking for a swiss ball)

Good Luck and keep in touch, OK?:heart:
  • rosied915
    Options

I am mesmerised by that pic, I want those arms and back!:laugh:

Me tooooo........:blushing:
  • rosied915
    Options
    J- fill me in on this whole NROLFW concept???? our "vacation" is over starting tomorrow so i will be back on track...well after my right calf stops hurting from the crazy shoes i had to wear on saturday as well as the blisters i got from the flip flops i put on after taking off the crazy shoes!!!! :):) i will look up the book on my kindle....

Got my copy on Amazon.

NROLFW is a weightlifting program designed for women. I just started yesterday and found it VERY doable!!
    I am age 51 and just completed Jillian Michaels Body Revolution so I wasn't "brand new" at using weights, but this was very different and I love it.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Get lifting gloves BEFORE you rough your hands all up. I'm wishing that I had purchased them right off.
  • rosied915
    Options
    Get lifting gloves BEFORE you rough your hands all up. I'm wishing that I had purchased them right off.

DEFINITELY!!!!:wink:
  • asidebottom
    Options
    Yes to the gloves, I have callouses!

If possible I would also arrange to have someone walk you through the exercises to make sure you have the form correct if you can. I arranged an appointment with a guy at my gym to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself!

Alison
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i got my copy on amazon as well. it was a great read honestly even though im not doing the work outs right now. I tried to do them at home but i feel like i wont be able to properly challenge myself with the weights i have - so i will save it for when im ready to have a gym membership.
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'll have to buy some gloves!

Ang - I'll fill you in...
  • rosied915
    Options
    You guys motivated me to finally get a NEW pair of gloves, which I did today!!
  • JaimeNJ
    Options
    Going into the gym to (finally) do workout B1. It's taken me since Sunday to recover!