Gluten Free....

Options
risec10
risec10 Posts: 9 Member
Hello! I have a question for everyone that eliminated gluten from their diet. How careful are you with cross-contamination? Do you still eat GF foods that may have touched other foods that have gluten etc? Thanks!

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively strict about it, although I imagine some could have slipped through. But I eat mostly just fresh foods and stay away from processed foods so not much chance of cross-contamination. When I eat protein bars or protein shakes, I only use those clearly marked as Gluten Free and Soy Free.
  • BWinsto1
    BWinsto1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am not strict with cross contamination. When it comes to fried foods I am strict but anything else I am not strict.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I continue to eat my slow-cooking oats, though it doesn't say anything about gluten (doesn't say much of anything on it), because I buy it in huge bags.
  • cdparmer
    cdparmer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try to be, as I feel just exhaused if I do eat gluten. The longer I go without gluten, the stronger my body reacts to it so I try to stay away from it as much as possible.
  • sphares
    sphares Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.My doctor said I can have a little bit here and there and that I would know when I've had too much. So, when I'm home and in control, I'm much more strict (but still allow for oatmeal and nuts that may have some). When we eat out (which is only a couple times a month), I try to research before I go to find the least glutenous items (meat with veggies, but no bread, etc).

I've been gluten free for almost 4 years now and when I do "cheat" (usually around the holidays, and only one meal) I can tell. My brain gets really, really foggy for a couple of days and I just don't feel right. So, I'm learning that even the cheats aren't worth it to me.