NRoL4W + EM2WL = ? Cals :huh:

Options
JaimeNJ
JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
In following my calculations from the book, my caloric intake on workout days comes out to 1938 - pretty close to the TDEE I had calculated previously.

On non-workout days, which is most days, my caloric intake (according to the book) is 1661.

So... Those of you who are doing the program AND doing EM2WL, what have you found that works best for you?

~ JJ

Replies

• avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I still use my numbers from Fat2Fit, because they work for me. They're pretty close to Scooby's numbers, but over by a couple hundred from NRoL calculations. I tried to go down to what he calls maintenance, which is only 150 difference, and it didn't work for me. And I eat the same every day, workout or not:)
  • JaimeNJ
    JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input! Glad it's working for you!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that if you do the workouts religiously 3 days per week and perhaps do some light cardio 2-3 days per week, go with NROL4W numbers.

Test it for 3 weeks and see - you shouldnt be hungry, but everyone is different, and if you are then up your cals on non workout days too. The workouts really makes me damn hungry! LOL!
    If "non workout day" do have some workout in, like cardio or whatever, then I'd still up my cals with 100 or 200.

Its trial and error. You need to see how your body responds to the new regime. :smile:
    Good luck and have fun!! :flowerforyou:
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Since im following the books workout program, im going by their calorie guidelines. Its been almost 6 weeks now, and I've been consistently going over though, so I guess its time to up them. I've still lost almost 3 lbs in 6 weeks eating over 2200 calories a day.
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    Yeah, I'm betwixt and between myself - all the different calculators say somewhere between 1700 and 2200, which is quite a range. I feel like I had the most energy when I focused on netting 1600-1700, which means most days I was eating around 2000. Days that I didn't workout I would maybe eat a bit less than 2000.

I'm almost a week into wearing my BMF - I've had a fairly lazy week (hot + busy at work + bum shoulder + I got engaged!), and on non-workout days I've been burning right about 2000, even though my job is sedentary. I'm curious to see what my TDEE is when I'm back in my regular routine, but it's good to know the baseline, too.

Anyone else like the idea of net calories better than a consistent number?