Starting c25k and need advice

Options
I have an iPhone but its isn't connected to a wireless phone provider. We use it for music and WI-fi. I downloaded Chubby Jones c25k pod casts but they are kind of confusing. I cant find week 1 day 1 so I started with week 2 day 5. I would like to know what everyone uses here. Maybe there is a better one?

Replies

• MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is an iPhone app for it (I use my android phone), but I use "simple C25K" it will allow you to play your own music, and runs in the background. It will beep and vibrate whenever it is time to switch from jogging to walking or vice versa. I really like it as it has a different "play" for each day of the program. It checks off each day you complete as well so you can easily keep track of your progress.
  • connorsludge
    connorsludge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been using the iPhone apps by blue fin for years. You can just search c25k at the app store and you'll see a bunch of different ones from other developers, too. The blue fin ones don't require internet, so that should work fine. I really like the interface, so I have their apps for 5k, 8k, and now 10k. When I buy a 1/2 marathon trainer I'll go with them too.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    zen labs works fine too - i have it on my my Ipod and no internet when out.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    NHS C25K podcast is free and gives you prompts of when to run/walk along with music and motivation:bigsmile:
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    NHS C25K podcast is free and gives you prompts of when to run/walk along with music and motivation:bigsmile:
    I use NHS podcasts, and put them on a cheap mp3 player. http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/nhs-couch-to-5k/id394384987?mt=2
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    zen labs works fine too - i have it on my my Ipod and no internet when out.
    \

This is the one I use as well- I love it!! I can play my music in the background and I also use my Nike+GPS at the same time to keep track of distance and time. No internet needed.

I should add i bought the app for my iPhone- I read too many negative things about the free one. Zen Labs also has the bridge to 10K, 1/2 and full marathon as well.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have the free one from zen labs and haven't had any problems with it. :)
  • JHPlunkett
    JHPlunkett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've used the NHS and the Chubby Jones (which were a little girly for me, but she was funny so I used them for a while.) I mix them up to keep the music fresh during the weeks where you do the same routine over and over.

Today I did my 20 min week 5 day 3 run and just used my music on my iPod and the timer on the treadmill.

The apps that use GPS to calculate speed/distance don't work well for me since I'm doing it on a treadmill. :-)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have the free one from zen labs too - no problems there.
  • jennabo1
    jennabo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using the iPhone apps by blue fin for years. You can just search c25k at the app store and you'll see a bunch of different ones from other developers, too. The blue fin ones don't require internet, so that should work fine. I really like the interface, so I have their apps for 5k, 8k, and now 10k. When I buy a 1/2 marathon trainer I'll go with them too.

I'll second the bluefin apps! I'm doing the 5k one (Ease into 5k), and I love it!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, I love my little iphone app. It really helps to hear the queues, 30 more seconds, 10 more seconds ect.
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is an iPhone app for it (I use my android phone), but I use "simple C25K" it will allow you to play your own music, and runs in the background. It will beep and vibrate whenever it is time to switch from jogging to walking or vice versa. I really like it as it has a different "play" for each day of the program. It checks off each day you complete as well so you can easily keep track of your progress.

thank you for this. this will help at the gym. i can cover my time and be notified by this.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    The first time I completed C25k, I used NHS's podcasts on an ipod mp3 player.

This time around I'm using my iphone with Chubby Jones.

Both times I combined it with my NikePlus (the first time with a shoe insert, the second time with an app on my phone).

You can also make your own C25k podcast....I am going to do that next.

Good luck!
  • Snapdragons3
    Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the free one from zen labs too - no problems there.

Me too!