Pain in main incision area 10 days post-lap band

Options
I am having some major pain in my main incision area 10 days post lap band surgery. It looks normal and we have been monitoring possible infection closely. I know it isn't infected but why do I feel like I'm pulling on it every time I walk. Any advice? I will call my doctor if it doesn't improve but I know he won't get back to me until Monday. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I had the RNY and while 3 incisions were practically healed the day I left the hosptial the other 3 were stiff, sore, inflamed but not infected and ichy until about 4 weeks out. My doctor said to give it time when I asked about it at my 2 week follow up and so while I can't say what's normal with a band, I can sympathize and recommend just asking dropping a call to your doctor if you don't have an appointment coming up for some peace of mind.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My port site was tender for almost 2 months post-op, then one day I woke up and it was fine. I haven't had any pain in that area since.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I had the RNY. Most of my small incisions felt better almost right away. The largest incision was actually so tight and "pulled" painfully everytime I moved for a couple of weeks. It got less and less everyday and finally stopped hurting. I am guessing that he stitiched that area pretty tight (it was actually puckered in a bit) and used dissolving sutures. Eventually once it healed in there and the sutures loosened up it stopped hurting. Until then try wearing your abdominal binder for support. That helped me a lot!
  • rachellibrarian
    rachellibrarian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is an abdominal binder?
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I didn't have major pain, but I did feel like I was pulling something if I moved a certain way for a long time. Remember that the port it stitched in, so it's going to take a long time before it feels normal. Definitely call your doctor if it's bad.
  • qofdisks
    qofdisks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is an abdominal binder?
    It is an elastic band or girdle that holds in the intestine for a hernia. It is also a band for heavily pregnant woman to hold up a herniating umbilicus.
  • CarrieNita
    Options
    Your port is stitched into muscle and it takes longer for it to heal than incisions in skin.