Food Suggestions while Moving?

Options
pittjenn
pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
Morning everyone! I'm in the midst of packing up my house, and I'm moving next week. Any ideas for convenient foods to have on hand? I will probably give up cooking meals for a solid week between the time I box up my kitchen and unpack it in my new home. I am trying to plan ahead so I don't get stuck with pizza delivery!

Replies

• Spooky_Rach
    Spooky_Rach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Will you have freezer and microwave access? If so how about batch cooking things like chilli, bolognese sauce, moussaka, stews and then freezing them? Reheat as needed :).
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Good idea! Yes, I'll have a freezer on both ends, so while it's one more thing to move, I think I could transport it in a styrofoam cooler in between houses (I'm only moving within my city, not anything too far away). I guess it's time to go google freeze-able recipies :)
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I would grab a few bags of steam veggies and then maybe pick up protien here and there - you can get a whole rotissere chicken and eat off that for a few days...

Do you have a grocery store that has ready made food...maybe grab some from there - chances are it will be a bit higher in things like sodium or have a few non-paleo ingrediants but makes it easy...we have a store here that has grab and go things like grilled chicken breasts, sliced london broil, roasted veggies, crab cakes, fish, etc...

stock up on quick snacks - nuts, chopped veggies, guacamole packets,
  • Maasmondy
    Maasmondy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Love the rotisserie chicken idea!
  • anniep106
    anniep106 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    for trips/snacks/quick eats i love paleokits by steve's original. it has saved me a few times while i was too busy to to cook or just not anywhere i could stop. its not a meal solution, but it is really helpful and really good!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say rotisserie chicken as well!! and nuts for snacks!

Twin mom is always full of great advice:)
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I definitely appreciate all the great ideas
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill. You can always cook outside, veggies, steak, fish, or chicken. Get some paper plates and plastic forks, Think about what you would do if you went camping for a week.