Chalean Extreme June

Options
2»

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Started last week and starting this week I've been using the Turbo Jam as cardio before each circuit. I feel like I need more cardio along w/ this program. I'm ordering Turbo Fire to use as Cardio along w/ the extreme. I hope your sessions are full of sweat as mine are. Keep pushing, "hard work dedication".:bigsmile:

I agree - not a huge fan of the cardio parts when compared to turbo jam. I cannot do cardio before the workout though or I simply cannot get through the circuit with the heavy weights. I now do uphill walking after on treadmill, and turbo jam on the 'off' days.

June is my recommit to Chalean month - just finishing off burn phase, but need to be stricter and better routine!
  • ritzema5
    ritzema5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started last week and starting this week I've been using the Turbo Jam as cardio before each circuit. I feel like I need more cardio along w/ this program. I'm ordering Turbo Fire to use as Cardio along w/ the extreme. I hope your sessions are full of sweat as mine are. Keep pushing, "hard work dedication".:bigsmile:

I've decided I need to add more cardio, too. I've been doing Jillian Michael's Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism on the "off" days, but think I should add something more on the other days as well. I haven't decided what to add, yet, though.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 of the Burn phase today. Last week I didn't do the very heaviest I could because I was newly back into lifting weights and really sore. This week I'm really going to push myself to "fail."

I've added other cardio in the form of walks and bike rides, but I definitely need to do the weights first.

I also need to take the eating component more seriously! I've been slacking a little on my logging.

How's everyone else doing?
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    Sorry fellow CLXers I really wanted to get back to doing this program. Gardening and keeping up with the yard this summer is more than I thought.... takes loads of energy. I'm going to wait till Sept/ Oct. to start.

Good Luck to all :drinker:
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through Burn week 3 and want to join in on the support! This program is great but think I need to throw in a day or two of Insanity to get the cardio up!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through Burn week 3 and want to join in on the support! This program is great but think I need to throw in a day or two of Insanity to get the cardio up!

I bet it would be fine if you wanted to add in Insanity on the cardio days or just replace the Chalean cardio with Insanity if you prefer. I'm thinking about buying some Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire to mix up the cardio b/c I do like her style but I'm getting tired of the same thing.
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Did week one of Lean 1 tonight and OMG my arms are sore already! Did anyone have to lower their bicep curl weight from what they were doing in Push? I was up to 17.5 during Push and I went down to 15 and it was still killer.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Did week one of Lean 1 tonight and OMG my arms are sore already! Did anyone have to lower their bicep curl weight from what they were doing in Push? I was up to 17.5 during Push and I went down to 15 and it was still killer.

I had to lower mine. It's because we did 6-8 in Push and now we have to do 10-12.
  • Bitz13
    Bitz13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm starting my second round on Chalean Extreme!

Today I'm doing Burn Circuit #1 (week 2 into the Burn phase). I have improved so much since I first started Chalean Extreme back in January 2012. My arms are so ripped!! And my tummy is finally starting to tone up! I joined FitPal because I need to start eating right (that is my biggest set back!). I work-out like a mad-women (6 days a week without complaint!) and I would like to start seeing all my hard work pay off :smile:
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just started burn phase 1 yesterday and did Turbo jam today! So do you do the whole month of the burn phase and then start the next phase on month 2? Also what pound weights is everyone using?? Just curious
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    May I join in? Did burn intervals today and burned 396 HRM...not too shabby for a 52 year old granny! Need to shave off 14 more pouns...I am in this and will PUSH PLAY tomorrow!
  • chorrinda
    chorrinda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I finish school this week and I am looking to start the program June 30.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Just started burn phase 1 yesterday and did Turbo jam today! So do you do the whole month of the burn phase and then start the next phase on month 2? Also what pound weights is everyone using?? Just curious

If you google the schedule it will help you.

First 30 = Burn
    2nd 30= Push
    "final" 30= Lean.

You should find some adjustable weights - you will need to be upping them quite a bit in 2nd 30. In Lean you may not be able to go up as much, but you might still need small adjustments.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I bet it would be fine if you wanted to add in Insanity on the cardio days or just replace the Chalean cardio with Insanity if you prefer. I'm thinking about buying some Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire to mix up the cardio b/c I do like her style but I'm getting tired of the same thing.

As soon as it gets here I'm adding Rockin Body cause I love to dance for cardio!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about ordering this. I will wrap up Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred in another 15 days and I want to move on to another program. Does everyone feel it is worth the investment and how are your results so far? Thanks!!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Groupon was offering a Rockin Body coupon for $20 + $6shipping today!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just did Push 1 yesterday and WOW it was intense! I really pushed myself to increase my weights and I totally felt it. My arms hurt for hours afterwards! They're not as sore today though as I thought they'd be!