Welcome... Introduce yourself.

Options
2»

Replies

• dsrekab
    dsrekab Posts: 1
    Options
    Brand new to MFP and this is my first post, but I have a long way to go and I'm going to need some support along the way.

Name: Don
    Height: 6'3"
    Starting Weight: 285
    Weight after losing: 252
    Current Weight: 293
    Goal: 215

I have tried to lose on several occasions in the past few years, but everytime I get started I remember how much work it was the first time and get discouraged. Hoping to overcome that with MFP!
  • kharg85
    kharg85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see a group like this. Here's my story. I ballooned up to 250lbs in my early 20's. A lifestyle of drinking and mcdonalds runs had caused me to gain over 100lbs in about 2 years. I stayed that way for a few years. I just didnt care but one day I was just tired. I Lost 100lbs in a year through diet and exercise. I was 10lbs from my target weight and got pregnant. i ate healthy throughout my pregnancy but I was taken out of work early so I didnt do much activity. I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy. When I had my son I got back down to 185 but I was suffering from terrible PPD. I stopped caring about myself and went back to 210 and here I am....Ready to do it all again.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Name: Tammy

Height 5' 5"

Starting Weight: 310

Current Weight: 301

Goal Weight: 150
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've been at this site on and off since 2010 and this is probably the most welcoming of the weight loss sites I've been on. I'm 59 years old and weigh 249; my weight's been as low as 130. My goal is to weigh 140 but no moe than 150 lbs.

My weakness is committment. I start off all enthused and gradually it wanes and I go round and round. It's important that I do this for my family but most importantly for me. Support is a wonderful thing and that's why I'm back - to offer support and get a good kick in the pants when I need one. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race.
  • evaarellanom
    Options
    Hi I'm eva I'm 5'5" I weight 230 :( I just have my baby 6 months ago I gain a lot of weight I need to losse a l again :)
    ot buti didefore I can do it again :)
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Name: michelle

Height 4'11"

Starting Weight: 185

Weight after losing: 175

Current Weight: 181

Goal Weight: 130
  • GZero81
    GZero81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Gabriel

Height: 5' 10"

Starting weight: 235 lbs

Weight after losing: 185 lbs

Weight when I finally got back on the wagon: 215 lbs

Current weight: 199 lbs
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated and ready to fall off the wagon again. My husband and I have been consistenly logging everything we eat, trying to do more fruits and vegetables and cooking low fat and low cal. He has lost 17 lbs already and I am super proud of him. I lost 8 lbs and then for some reason I have gained 3 back. I log EVERY bite I eat no matter how small and I always meet my 1200 calorie goal. Why in the world am I gaining?
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am so frustrated and ready to fall off the wagon again. My husband and I have been consistenly logging everything we eat, trying to do more fruits and vegetables and cooking low fat and low cal. He has lost 17 lbs already and I am super proud of him. I lost 8 lbs and then for some reason I have gained 3 back. I log EVERY bite I eat no matter how small and I always meet my 1200 calorie goal. Why in the world am I gaining?

Open your dairy so that we can see it. Maybe someone can offer you some suggestions. Don't give up! Tom :smile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hello and thanks for the invite

Name: Joanne

age 49 (yikes)

5' 8 1/2 "

SW - 197

GW - 168 (met)

CW - 179

Hopefully I can get back to where I was
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi Group I am Sarah

My SW was somewhere between 200 and 220...I don't really honestly want to know
    My CW is 148 to 151
    My GW is 124 to 134

I am 5'4" if I have stretched out well and recently been to the chiropractor otherwise I am 5'3 and 3/4.

I spent my teen years as an anorexic. My 20s hit and my system did a horrible shut down. I gained from 115 to 210 in less than 6 mos. I gave up on me. Over the next 9 years I yo yoed and would get down to 160 and then go back up most consistently staying at 185. At 29 I learned I have a genetic condition and I need to be in good health to have a normal life span (save freak accidents and such) Since I want to be there for my son and maybe meet a grand kid I decided I really needed to get my butt in gear so here I am somewhere between 50 and 70 pounds down. Hoping to keep it off.

Latest set back is I thought I had gotten down to 143 and I had like 10 lbs to go just to learn my ****ty scale has been broken for a long time. New digital scale with body fat measure and h20 measure and base caloric needs based off all that way better. This just means my starting weight was also wrong....SO SCARY to think I may have truly been closer to that 220 mark.
  • amberinmt
    amberinmt Posts: 8
    Options
    Great group!
    My name is Amber
    Heavest weight: 208
    Lowest weight: 165
    Current weight: 180
    Goal weight:155

WE'VE LOST IT BEFORE, LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

:glasses:
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody.
    My name is Sabine and I am 40 years old.
    Starting weight 222 lbs
    Current weight 150 lbs
    Target weight 150 lbs
    In the past 12 years my weight has been from 150 all the way to 222 lbs at my heaviest.
    I lost the weight 11 years ago, was at 160. Was left with 30 extra pounds after getting pregnant. Tried to quit smoking which gave me another 20 lbs increase. Started smoking again. Quit smoking 2 years ago and gained the rest. Had to loose weight due to starting hip and joint problems. Right now I am fighting with maintaining. I just lost 2 lbs again that I gained due to my loving of peanut butter.
  • sagsaywaman
    sagsaywaman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hI- I'm Pam and am just now registering as being overweight which is new and very frustrating to me. at 146 and 5'4" nothing fits and I really dont want to buy new clothes! Per BMI, I need to weigh closer to 120-my goal- 125
    I am a stress eater and have been able to keep my weight down previously with exercise, but find it harder to find time to exercise.
    I am also 50+ and menopause has changed everything! :grumble: