CUT

Options
I've decided to do my cut on July 5th, end of my 8th week of reset will be on 3rd of July. Decided to wait till 5th so I can enjoy my 4th ;)

But I'm struggling with the idea of doing 10% instead of 15%. If I'm doing 10% I'll be eating 2050 calories... if I'm doing 15% I'll be eating 1937 calories.

I've gained 11 lbs. Yes I said it aloud. But do not make that scare you away. I fit in everything normally. yes my stomach is bloated... but that is all (I bet it is water retention). How soon would you think that would go away if I start my cut? I think i am going to stick to 10% so that way I can see if that works well, if not within 2 weeks I'll try add other 5%.

please tell me I'm not only one who gained 11lbs.. I mean SERIOUSLY>?

And I'm not crying about it AT ALL.. How funny it is :)

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That's the right attitude to have girl!

I have no idea though how soon the water retention will go away. I will probably too try with a 10%cut at first. But I still have a few more weeks into my reset. I have gained as well, but it fluctuates between 6 and 8 pounds. I don't care either. My clothes do fit normally as well.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'll go for just 10%, too on July 25th (the end of my 8 weeks!). I know Leigh on the EM2WL boards said she is up 23lb! So you're doing GREAT! SO jealous your cut is right around the corner!!:happy:
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    I think i am going to stick to 10% so that way I can see if that works well, if not within 2 weeks I'll try add other 5%.

Great job on (almost) working through your reset. Just a thought on your cut. All of this takes time, I'm thinking you probably want to eat at the 10% for AT LEAST 4 weeks if not more before you decide to try lower calories. Keep in mind as we lose weight our TDEE will go down, so we will be cutting calories as we lose also!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    yeah.. I will do 10% cut at least for 4 weeks then.. I am not sure when I finish reset, should I calculate new TDEE/10% cut since I've gained?
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    I think you got the right attitude. It's all about how you feel. The scale is a liar anyways. :) You look fantastic!

I'd say calculate your new cut the day you switch so it's accurate.

You're so close! Keep pushing!
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    no worries! i half assed a reset meaning i ate at tdee-15% for for 2.5 months, gained 7 lbs. So i decided what the heck and have been eating at tdee for about a week now. my stomach is way bloated, and if i had to get on the scale, it would probably be around a total gain of 12-14 lbs so no worries! i hope to be in your shoes soon!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    yeah.. I will do 10% cut at least for 4 weeks then.. I am not sure when I finish reset, should I calculate new TDEE/10% cut since I've gained?

yes, recalculate every 5 pounds (up or down):wink:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    yeah, but it would be just water retention wouldn't it? I mean, if I eat at TDEE. then I change my weight with the cut, it probably will be closer to my tdee. I wouldn't lose anything.. u know? it does not make sense for now.. but I guess i'll see what others say.. BUMP BUMP Mod!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I would start at 10%. I attempted a reset around Feb., gained like 10 lbs in 3 weeks and couldn't take it. I cut 15% and that water weight was off in like a week or two. So I wouldn't sweat it. And I would keep your cals whatever they are for your weight at the beginning of your cut, adjust down as you lose. HTH!