allergic to BMF?

Options
Hey guys,

I've been wearing my BMF for a week and a half and today I noticed that under where one of the sensors rests I have a red spot and it kind of itches/hurts.

Anyone else have this happen?

K

Replies

• sugarsquare
    sugarsquare Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't have a BMF but I do get that when I wear a watch that contains nickel. I am allergic to that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!! I'm allergic to metal, but thought I'd try it anyway. I hung tough for 2 weeks until the welts, the rash and the BURN was too much. Even for folks not allergic, the data on the site says that sensitivity to the sensors could occur.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My bodybugg have me a pretty decent itch where the sensors touched my arm, I put hydrocortisone on it at nite when I slept ( bodybugg off). And afteraybe a week it stopped. Good luck, they are very handy !!!!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm allergic to nickel per se, but I have really sensitive skin. The sensors cause my skin to get sweaty after a long period of time and then my skin itches. I have shifted my BMF around the backside of my arm to accommodate the itching. I have also worn it on my leg to give my arm a rest (slathered the arm in hydrocortisone for the night). You can wear it right under your knee, putting the sensor at the inner-upper calf, and at least for me the readings were still fine.

If you wear sunscreen on your arm, however, and put the BMF over that at some point, I have heard it WILL affect your readings.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Make sure you clean the sensor side every day! Especially after workouts!
    Just use a dried out wet cloth with little bit of mild soap and rub it clean, then a dry towel to dry it. You can also use surgical spirits I think to disinfect it. Just dont let it get really wet.
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    thanks for the responses. I took a few days off from it and will try to wear it tomorrow after I give ti a good cleaning. I got it to get a general tdee for myself, so I might wear it a few times a week instead of everyday to keep getting a general average.