Has my metabolism reset??

Abevemi
Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
Hi everyone.
I have been trying to lose my baby weight for 13 months now. I hit a plateau a few months back, eating 1400-1500 calories per day.
So, I found this group, and have attempted to reset my metabolism to get the weight shifting again.

My BMR is 1380
My TDEE is 2129
These numbers do not take into account that I am still breastfeeding my 13 month old Daughter.

About a month ago, I upped my calories to 1800 per day. I started at a weight of 60.7 on the 29th May. A week into the higher calories, I started recording my weight every morning...just to get an idea of what it was doing. Here are my results:

June
4. 62.4
5. 61 (took diuretic yesterday)
6. 61.4
7. 61.5
8. 61.7
9. 62.2
10. 61.9
11. 61.8
12. 61.7
13. 61.5
14. 62.1
15. 61.8
16. 62.1
17. 62.7
18. 62.3 (took diuretic yesterday)
19. 62.5
20. 61.9.
21. 62
22. 62.1
23. forgot to weigh in

So.....as you can see, there is quite a lot of variation in my weight. Does that mean that my metabolism has not yet reset itself?
I am wondering when I should cut my calories again, and hope to see some weight loss.....now that I am up about 1.5kg on where I started :(

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!

You only can expect your metabolism to fully reset when you eat at your TDEE for about 8 weeks.

A month is not enough to really tell where you are standing at. You also have to eat back the calories from Breastfeeding. I think I recall that Lucia told me 20kcal per ounce of milk.

If you won't be losing I would consider doing a full reset and the go to your cut value after that.
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    I have no idea how much milk by daughter drinks though..so that makes it hard to eat back those calories.

What do you mean by doing a full reset, and cut value? Sorry, I am relatively new to this..I thought that by upping my calories, it would do a full reset? What is a cut value?
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    GOOD QUESTION!

I'd be interested in knowing when the "reset" is complete too.

Is it when you start to lose weight or inches?

Or when you STOP gaining weight or inches?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    I just wanted to let you know that my doctor told me while breast feeding my son to eat at least 500 more calories per day than I normally would...He said that you need this extra to keep up the flow of milk and your metabolism is working harder at this time...Just wanted to let you know that...Hope this helps!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I have no idea how much milk by daughter drinks though..so that makes it hard to eat back those calories.

What do you mean by doing a full reset, and cut value? Sorry, I am relatively new to this..I thought that by upping my calories, it would do a full reset? What is a cut value?

a metabolism reset is, when you at at your TDEE for 6-8 weeks. Tahe cut is 10 or 15% calorie reduction of your TDEE.
    In the stickies there are all the topics explained. Just read through them.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    My little guy is 12 months and I add 300 for him since he also eats solids. I just add it into one of my meals. It has a negative calorie value.