NEW HERE.. stumbled in.. help..

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
a friend just told me he was a member of this group so I popped in.. I think I need HELP.. I searched for RESET feeling vaguely this is what I need but...my search was confusing. can some one point me toward a good post or site that explains what RESET is and why it's needed, beyond, 'I'm on 3rd week of reset..." THANKS mates.. This morning, I did change my setting from sedentary to moderately active, which may not be completely accurate since I've been trying to work out a few times a week now.. (just joined gym last month) THANKS ALL

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group :)

A lot of the information you need is located within the threads pinned at the top of the forum. I highly recommend reading them all so you know what everything is and what to expect.
  • jerber160
    Options
    thank you saelina. I will..
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! Once you have read the stickies, feel free to ask questions. You will find this group very helpful and friendly.
  • jerber160
    Options
    so is the general rule, "more than bmr, less than tdee" and I do this for 2 months and then what??? today, bmr 1515, tdee 2349,, 623 cals from yard work.. I ate 1905....the one calculator link said eat 1997 based on goal in step 6. i'm also clueless as to how to break up protein, carbs and fats... a woman at doctor's office set up my original profile
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What is your age, weight, height, and activity level? We need that info to check your numbers.

The goal with your calories is to be consistent. Your tdee and your cut figures are based off of your weekly average, not daily. So once you establish your activity level, you plan for you tdee reset for 8 weeks, than your 15% cut based off of those numbers, eating the same amount every day.. unless you have high burn day that will bring you below your bmr

most use this calculator
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • jerber160
    Options
    What is your age, weight, height, and activity level? We need that info to check your numbers.

The goal with your calories is to be consistent. Your tdee and your cut figures are based off of your weekly average, not daily. So once you establish your activity level, you plan for you tdee reset for 8 weeks, than your 15% cut based off of those numbers, eating the same amount every day.. unless you have high burn day that will bring you below your bmr

most use this calculator
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    thanks. that's the link i used... sorry thought info was on my profile. 52, 5-4.5, 159 yesterday 157 today.. go figure... moderate activity although that's in flux.. i've joined a gym...i've been doing yard work...heart monitor has let me record everything...