tdee up it or lower it?

Options
SexyMidnight
SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
Ok so i have done my tdee and have been eating 1679 calories for a while now, I am still losing but it says that i have to redo it ater losing 5 pounds? UMMMM if i do that it wants me to eat over 2000. So should i up it or stay where i am? Have you upped yours?

Replies

• moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Gosh well I'm a beginner at this but I would have thought if you weighed less your TDEE would of suggested less calories! I will be interested to see what the experts say!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you had your TDEE figured correctly the first time?
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You may want to recheck your TDEE. I thought I had mine calculated correctly and it turns out for the past 3 weeks I was wrong. My measurements were off which gave me TDEE = 2107; BMR = 1221 and CUT = 1791. After I recalculated and recalculated again and double checked to make sure my measurements were correct my numbers have changed a lot. TDEE = 2567; BMR = 1488 and CUT = 2182. I used Scooby's site for my calculations.
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use skooby as well!! im pretty sure its right? why most this crap be so complicated
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I use skooby as well!! im pretty sure its right? why most this crap be so complicated

If you don't mind, post your stats (weight, height, age, activity level you're using) and we can double-check for you. Moss11 is right, one way or another you calculated wrong (I'm guessing the first time).

I did that myself--didn't realize that the entry fields for height weren't feet in one and inches in the other, and told it I was 5 centimeters and 6 inches tall--oops!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

If you don't mind, post your stats (weight, height, age, activity level you're using) and we can double-check for you. Moss11 is right, one way or another you calculated wrong (I'm guessing the first time).

I did that myself--didn't realize that the entry fields for height weren't feet in one and inches in the other, and told it I was 5 centimeters and 6 inches tall--oops!

It shouldn't be complicated once you get your calculations right. Like Azalais did, I was putting my height into the wrong field which gave me lower numbers compared to others in this group.