Anyone else using Dukan as "guidelines"?

Options
sarvalfon
sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
I have been on the diet for 2 weeks (almost exactly) today. I got on the scale and it told me I've lost 6 pounds since I started. I am ecstatic! I don't follow it to the last letter of the book (it's hard to plan three dinners every night - husband and toddler don't need to be on a diet). I follow it about 95% of the time, and it still works wonders. I feel great, I am looking better (back into 150's makes me smile), and it's so motivating to see steady losses. Is there anyone else who is using Dukan guidelines, but opening it up a bit and still seeing great results?

Replies

• sfb2510
    sfb2510 Posts: 28
    Options
    I dont follow Dukan to the tee either, purely because of convenience - the days I am tired I just try to eat more protein but still include potatoes, lentils because thats available to hand (I really cant be bothered cooking two separate meals - one for me and another for everyone else!).

I've still managed to lose 13lbs in the past month - I know if I stuck to it strictly I would have lost alot more but I'm ok with this steady weight loss.

So I think if chopping/changing is working for you, then carry on! :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I use it as my base but add a bit more good carbs as ive taken up running and found i didnt have the energy to run,

I used 10 days of the strict attack phase to kick start my weight loss and lost 16lbs :bigsmile:
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm down 6 lbs in two weeks, and to me, that seems amazing. I do find that adding a few more starches helps. I eat sweet potatoes and chickpeas, and it doesn't seem to affect anything. Interestingly enough, neither does a cupcake here and there...
  • heisyourlife2
    Options
    I just got the book and have been reading online as well. I am wanting to try this because I have been plateaud with my loss for quite some time---like six months. I will get down and then pop right back up. I would like to lose about 15 more pounds before my daughter's wedding in Aug. I read about the Dukan Diet on a MFP profile and starting looking into it.

It sounds very doable to me since I have the ambition and desire to drop this weight. As of late I have been really trying to limit carbs, but I do eat berries. I'm hoping by doing the few days of the attack phase and then continuing on with the next that I will be able to lose.

As I read I will need to balance this with what my naturopath has told me. He highly encouraged low carb eating, so the only glitch may be with the fat issue. But I do need to keep reading since I just got the book and haven't gotten that far. I did the online assessment and it gave me the guideline of how many days each phase would be. I have too many things going on to do this to the tee, but I don't want to go too far off.

So, after all of that, berries (raspberries, cherries, blueberries, etc) are considered to be low glycemic--and I love them! How much can I get away with eating?