How are you tracking your accountability?

Options
secretiive
secretiive Posts: 121 Member
hey ladies! Hope this week has been a progressive one thus far for all of you.

This post is just to ask you all the question of what you are doing to make sure you are accountable for each meal you eat and each work out you do?

I know some of you are comfortable logging your foods, but what are other ways you've done this? Personally, logging just is NOT enough for me!

I recently started uploading videos to YouTube to check in through out the week and update any viewers (but mostly myself) about how far I've managed to come and celebrate each small success.

I'd love to hear how you all are tracking your accountability.

(PS you can find me on YouTube by my name SheSoCrazy or e-mail address: i.heart.toni@gmail.com)

Replies

• Fab4life1
    Fab4life1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a small group (by small, I mean 3) of friends that hold me accountable for working out. None of them track their food/exercise...soooooooo right now, my accountability is self-motivated. Having been down this road before, I hope to continue on this road of tracking my foods.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually when I am trying to lose weight I don't tell anyone that way if I fail I will not be shame. Now I tell EVERYONE and my friends will straight up be like what did you eat? My one friend is great and he will actually snatch stuff out of my hand! I think close friends are the best accountability because those who truly care about you will not let you fail.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Tracking food and exercise is enough for me...both really hold me accountable to myself!
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Besides using MFP and the fabulous ladies I have met on here I have a big calender in my room and everyday in red I chart my workouts and green for rest days I also put my goals for weight in black at the bottom of each month. I know it doesn't sound like much but, after 6 months of doing it, it's cool to look back at it.
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    At this point, I use MFP exclusively. I look forward to the day that I'll see that I've signed into MFP more than 365 days. Currently it is around 30.
  • secretiive
    Options
    Wow ladies thank you so much for sharing. I don't have much support in the friends area at home, but I'm thankful that I'm gaining that friendly support and wonderful relationships here on MFP.

Tracking with a visual aide is what I like most, so the calendar idea is awesome! I'm probably one of the most inconsistent people alive though, so tracking is a bit difficult... I'm working on that :( lol
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm weird bc I log here and that is enough because if your sneaking and eating stuff or not working out it will show in due time. It's like what's done in the dark will come to light.
  • secretiive
    Options
    girl you're not weird at all! Different things work for different people, so I ain't mad atcha :smokin:
  • ohthatzhott
    ohthatzhott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I log everything - both good and bad. It is important for me to log my less-than-healthy moments so that I can see how they affected my goals for the day. It works because I feel I'm less likely to binge eat/make less-than-healthy choices in the future. I'm only human though, so I have my moments. i just always stay motivated and remind myself that I'm doing this for ME. And I never let myself down, much less give up on myself. Momma didn't raise no quitter. I just started talking/adding other MFP users today and I think that will help in the future as well. I especially like this group!

Also, my favorite Iphone apps are MFP and Fooducate (I use it all the time in the store). Both paired together help me make better choices!