Status/Military Branch/Job

Options

Replies

• SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Active Army- Combat medic.
    Currently at Fort Benning working as the Brigade Medic for Ranger Training Brigade
  • freels73
    freels73 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am an AT (Avionics Technician) in the Navy. I am and Advanced Calibration Technician. I am stationed at NAS Patuxent River, MD. I have been in for over 17 years and will be retiring in 2015. I can't wait!! I did 10+ years on ships and most of that time was in Japan. Hope the best of luck to you all!!!!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I am an AT (Avionics Technician) in the Navy. I am and Advanced Calibration Technician. I am stationed at NAS Patuxent River, MD. I have been in for over 17 years and will be retiring in 2015. I can't wait!! I did 10+ years on ships and most of that time was in Japan. Hope the best of luck to you all!!!!
    You guys have VQ-4 up there don't you?
  • freels73
    freels73 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have no Idea if they are here or not. I am not used to the way that this base works still. I am used to having a base that has more then 3000 military members and not having 25000 civilians!!!! Sorry!!!
  • jsmcintyre
    jsmcintyre Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was an AT for 14 years in the Navy. Now, after getting out and going to school, I am serving as a Navy Chaplain with the Marines at Camp Pendleton, CA.
  • SsgtWilson
    SsgtWilson Posts: 4
    Options
    I am Active Duty Marine in Ground Communications
  • jhparker11
    Options
    Hi All. Sgt Parker here. USAF AD / RAF Lakenheath / P.O.L. , UDM, Retraining into Contracting *fingers crossed*
  • tonyrd3000
    tonyrd3000 Posts: 20
    Options
    Active Duty Air Force/used to be a lineman, then an electrician, now in charge of Unaccompanied Housing. Damn near 22 years active and giving it till 2014 till I punch.
  • josephrleik
    josephrleik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Illinois Air National Guard - "weekend warrior." Therefore, Chrysler thinks that even though I am a Vet, I'm not "Hero" enough to get a military discount....Thanks Chrysler. My AFSC is AGE (Aersospace Ground Equipment).
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I'm in the Illinois Air National Guard - "weekend warrior." Therefore, Chrysler thinks that even though I am a Vet, I'm not "Hero" enough to get a military discount....Thanks Chrysler. My AFSC is AGE (Aersospace Ground Equipment).

On may way to GTMO I had my PCS orders in hand, but wasn't allowed to board the plane with other military persons because I didn't have a uniform on. You never know with these people.
  • josephrleik
    josephrleik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I was always told not to fly in uniform because you want to stay as low profile as possible.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    That sucks. I was always told not to fly in uniform because you want to stay as low profile as possible.
    Exactly. Unless you are specifically told to fly in uniform, why would you?
  • 2Tim1_7
    2Tim1_7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi folks - AD Army here, stationed at Fort Riley, KS. Trying to get in tip-top shape for Warrant Officer Candidate School in a few months.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Active Duty AF, Cryptologic Language Analyst...good times
  • usmcmotort
    usmcmotort Posts: 16
    Options
    8 years Marine working in Logistics. Now in the Air Force as an RF Transmission troop.
  • rampantpiper
    rampantpiper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...I just joined the group looking for some support from people who understand the military.

I am anE-7 in the Air National Guard in New York as a 4No Aerospace Medical Technician. I was active duty early in my career as a 1C1 Air Traffic Controller.

My PT test results in May were thrown out because they measured my abdominal circumference at 41 inches (ouch!) after a retaping. Since getting on board with this program a month ago, I have made some progress and I retested and passed my PT test two ekes ago.

Don't we just love the PT tests?
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pass!

The test suck... but its almost paradoxical, It should be / is the "easiest" day of PT. Yet it still sucks....
  • danekiaw
    danekiaw Posts: 1
    Options
    I am an AD Air Force medic currently stationed in Australia for 2 years.
  • jessulli
    jessulli Posts: 1
    Options
    USARMY Bandswoman!!! in Japan!!!
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    4years and change active duty Marine "Data Dink" stationed in Quantico.