June Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OMG! My workplace sent me on another trip and this time I'm staying at a hotel so I had to eat what they provided. I lost 15 points in 1 sitting. I'm so pissed. I need to start walking with my own food when I go to these places. Thank God we start a new week tomorrow.

June 14
    55 pts
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am going on vacation on Thurs thru Sat. Gourmet dinners, breakfasts and lunches are in the cards. My family has wonderful gourmet cooks, but they do love their fatty ingredient list. So I will probably blow things again, but I will try to keep my diet in check by not eating too much...although they do pile it on, and expect every delectable morsel to disappear into your mouth. I am so thankful for this challenge, because I am way more thoughtful about what I am eating and how much!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    I've had a terrible 3 days as it concerns eating. I have been away from home and it's almost impossible to eat healthy when you're not preparing the food yourself. Suffice it to say, my points have gone the lowest they have ever been and the week hasn't even started properly. Krythie, I feel your "pain". Keep in mind though, it's just for a few days, when you get back you'll be better able to make wise food choices. Don't forget to keep track of your points though, that should be a real eye opener for how well or badly you do.

June 16
    7 pts :noway: :embarassed:
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 17
    1 pt

It would be so easy to just say screw it, since I've lost so many points already I might as well eat whatever I want this week. But that was the old me, the new me knows that tomorrow is a new day and it's never too late to do the right thing. So I tried my best today to eat as best as I could. I even resisted the banana muffins my mom made.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 18
    -6 pts

Had 1 slip up, oh well.
  • krythie
    Options
    I'm still here!:smile: Been really swamped with work, general exhaustion (started taking iron supplements again) and getting ready for my trip. I will post my points for this week when I get back on Sunday. I will have to go crazy trying to figure out what I'm eating on vacation, since I am at the mercy of my hosts. Will not be able to tell them how and what to cook. I will compensate by taking less of... I am impressed by your commitment to eating well. Keep it up!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 20
    -12 pts
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 21
    -16 pts

Terrible week. Looking forward to a new one starting today.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 22
    99 pts

Woo hoo! Finally. Nice to start afresh.
  • krythie
    Options
    Hi...Back from vacation. Ate a lot of foods on and off the list. The sauces for some of the stuff did me in. Had to eat what there was. Went out to dinner a couple of times, and there were parties. I compensated using portion control and trying to pick out the healthiest foods available. But REALLY, I have lost weight since starting the challenge.. Because of working with you on this food list, I am more aware than ever before about what is good for my body. I am making better choices and I have decided to work with a raw food nutritionist to help my body become healthier...so this has been a great experience. Still continuing through the end of the month. You are doing fantastic. I applaud you!!!!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Welcome back krythie! CONGRATS on your weight loss. And thank you. It's given me an awareness too which I appreciate.

June 25
    72 pts

Had a huge slice of carrot cake! And I'm pissed because I forgot that I had a papaya I could have eaten that would have taken care of the craving for something sweet.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 28
    I finish the week at: 49 pts

All in all, not a bad week. Gonna try to get above 50pts next time.
  • krythie
    Options
    All in all a great challenge. I had to give up counting points because I was eating things that were off the list. However, I don't consider this experience a failure. I am now more aware of what I eat. When I eat something that is awful for me...I determine to try to resist next time. My big weakness this week has been stupid candy. What!!!! i also drank several diet cokes...after i said i wouldn't. However, today I refused to go to the store and get more! My other positive is that I joined an exercise club and I hope to gain strength and flexibility. I am very grateful for what I have learned here, and i plan to keep my "food list" on hand. Love it.