What should I do? Please help

Options
mariemc91
mariemc91 Posts: 26 Member
Okay this has nothing to do with weight loss, but I am having problems with my fiancé and really need advice. He is a really nice guy and I love him a lot, but I just recently caught him flirting with one of my friends online. I feel really hurt and betrayed by it, but he apologized to me when I found out. I don't want to leave him, but I don't want to enable him and become a doormat like I was with my ex. I don't want things to get worse. What should I do?

Replies

• kimber_av
    kimber_av Posts: 98
    Options
    Thats a bad bad bad sign. not only from him. but that girl obv isnt your true friend if she flirts with him
  • mariemc91
    mariemc91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats a bad bad bad sign. not only from him. but that girl obv isnt your true friend if she flirts with him

Well she wasn't really flirting back.. But he just kept calling her "sexy".. But I'm pretty upset with her because she didn't tell me what was going on....
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    No advice, I just want you to know that is not okay. I think it's a bad sign.
  • sunny_yogi
    sunny_yogi Posts: 19
    Options
    yikes. sorry but not a good sign.. if you have an out, consider taking it!
  • ccj424
    ccj424 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ask your mom. Mom's always know what to do.. at least I think so.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ask your mom. Mom's always know what to do.. at least I think so.

Ha ha...so true.

If you continue with him then maybe some ourside help would be a good idea. Keep the communication going with him.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Make sure he's knows that this is NOT ok with you. You have to set the expectation. It's OK to have female friends, but not if those friendships make you uncomfortable.

There is a book I just read called The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey. I'd suggest reading it, it will give you some tools you can use to build better trust with your man moving forward. I wish someone would have given me this book when I was 20 so I could have learned how to build more trust in my own relationships
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    First of all, this isn't really an appropriate place to post such a question.:indifferent:

But:

Obviously it depends on the sidutation and the degree, and you didn't give us much detail. Some cases and some guys maybe you are making too much out of it, some cases totally deal breaker.

But, I would say you probably already know in your heart what to do, you are just afraid to do it. And to me it sounds like you don't trust this guy.

Trust you instincts instead: man up and ditch him.