C25K Week 1 Day 2

Options
TinaA72
TinaA72 Posts: 27 Member
I ran W1D2 today and did 2.34 miles!!! That is the best motivation I have for today. Happy Running, MFP Peeps!

Stats:
Distance: 2.34 miles
Time: 30.27 minutes
Avg. Pace: 13:01 min/mi
Avg speed: 4.61 mi/h
Calories burned: 228
Woo, Looks good even on paper!!!:wink:

Replies

• JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I ran W1D2 today and did 2.34 miles!!! That is the best motivation I have for today. Happy Running, MFP Peeps!

Stats:
    Distance: 2.34 miles
    Time: 30.27 minutes
    Avg. Pace: 13:01 min/mi
    Avg speed: 4.61 mi/h
    Calories burned: 228
    Woo, Looks good even on paper!!!:wink:

Good job!
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thought I would post my Day 2 results from Saturday as well.

Stats:
    Distance: 2.38 miles
    Total Time: 55 min
    Avg. Pace: 12:37 min/mi
    Calories burned: 426

I ran in the park on Saturday which has a jogging path around a river. When I finished my C25K program, I still had to get to my car on the other side of the river! The total path is 4 miles so I ended up burning extra calories (yay!). I'm happy to say I didn't WALK back to my car, I continued the run/walk intervals.

Anyone else going to post their stats?
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Great job guys!!!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I did W1 Day 2 today. It went well. Better than Day 1 when I ended up running for 5 minutes straight when I misheard the cooldown part for run on my app and kept on going waiting for instructions. I was quite pooped by the end of that!

Had some killer shin splints when doing the walking sections but I have googled some runners stretches/shin splint streches so hopefully will be able to nip that in the bud.

No stats really other than I did it and am looking forward to Day 3.
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi everyone,
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    stupid ENTER button - anyway HI EVERYONE! I am new to this website. I used to do WW and now that I have lost about 40 pounds (I am at a plateau, dang it) I am trying to get into jogging/running. I have read the posts about week 1/day 1 - is that an app to help a new runner? I am trying to figure out how I should run to not get burnt out and to be able to eventually run a straight mile, no walking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    stupid ENTER button - anyway HI EVERYONE! I am new to this website. I used to do WW and now that I have lost about 40 pounds (I am at a plateau, dang it) I am trying to get into jogging/running. I have read the posts about week 1/day 1 - is that an app to help a new runner? I am trying to figure out how I should run to not get burnt out and to be able to eventually run a straight mile, no walking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!!

HEllo and welcome :-) Yes this is an app commonly reffered to as couch to 5k or c25k, I have an android phone and the app. I use is called run double and is free for the first 2weeks than its only $1.60 it has the c25k c210k and half marathon training. I love it!! I am not a runner by any means (usually just walk 4-5x a week and do workout videos) but this app is awesome it really slowly gets you into things to help you train your body!! I know they have some for Iphone or Ipod also but I dont know the names just search c25k in your app store if thats what you have.

Good luck I know you can do it!!
  • Leoba
    Leoba Posts: 10
    Options
    There are a variety of apps for the iPhone as well--just search for C25K and you'll get some choices. Most of them let you listen to your own music and just prompt you to walk or run at appropriate intervals.
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1 and was a little upset that it didn't go longer, but I know it will get harder as I go along the program! If it feels easy, then I must have been doing something right with the walking I have been doing leading up to this!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I just did W1D1 and was a little upset that it didn't go longer, but I know it will get harder as I go along the program! If it feels easy, then I must have been doing something right with the walking I have been doing leading up to this!

Don't worry that you couldn't go longer just take that run and use it as a baseline for your future progress you will get a little better every time ...I know I am ! Keep it up ! You can do this!
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Don't worry that you couldn't go longer just take that run and use it as a baseline for your future progress you will get a little better every time ...I know I am ! Keep it up ! You can do this!

NSV TODAY!!! I was able to run the W1D2 today at 4.5 pace...my other was 4.0 the other day! WOOT! My cardio is getting better!!!