sound off (area, friends and goals)

Options
2»

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm April. I'm looking to lose about 100lbs or get to a size 12/14 (whatever I feel comfortable and healthy at) I'm orginally from NJ and have lived in Pensacola,Port Richey, Aripeka and now in Spring Hill. I love it here!
  • ArtsySusie
    ArtsySusie Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Susie... I moved to Ft Myers in late 2009 to be closer to my family, originally from Michigan and Minnesota :) Brrrrr... LOVE The sunshine state... maybe not the humidity..but, hey who doesn't like to be able to go to the beach at Christmas :) I love all the perks from being a FL Resident. Cheap Cruises, Disney Passes, etc..

I'm here to look for a possible work out buddy, I just joined LA Fitness, feel free to add me to work out with or just be online support buddies.. I like meeting new people :) (Yes, I smile just as much in person as on here)

Fitness Program: I see my trainer tonight!! JOY!! About 3-4 times a week maybe 5, I will be at the Gym and Yoga on weekends.

Short term goal is to shed 32lbs by Sept 24, (Going on my first cruise)!!
  • 2bfitandhealthy
    Options
    Hi all.
    Moved to FL (Lake Buena Vista area) in Sept. of this year....I LOVE it here. I moved from NJ (the snow really did get to me lol).
    Goals to lose weight in the healthy manner, be able to jog a 5k one day :)
  • moeheep
    moeheep Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Big city of Hastings (outside St Augustine)
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hi there. i'm in lake worth (southern palm beach county). would love to find local friends. feel free to add.
  • littlecoconut79
    Options
    Venice Beach here. Native Floridian but I'm originally from Plant City. I just joined my fitness pal on wednesday so my goal is 30 pds.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A transplanted Brit, now living in West Palm Beach. I have been with MFP since 31st March, and lost 24lb and 60.3"

Still have quite a way to go.
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Jacksonville. I've lived in Sanford, FL for JUCO as well as grew up in New Port Richey, FL. Florida all my life. Add if you would like. I've been on MFP since October. Goal is to get down to 190-195, but lean with low body fat. Finding the site and concepts relatively easy to use, but results aren't coming like I'd want them. Lost 15-18lbs quickly, but now I'm stuck. It's getting difficult to find the right combination of exercise and consumption to keep losing. The scale hasn't moved in a while (up slightly from water retention and muscle repair...Insanity program..name speaks for itself). Hoping that when I incorporate weights again that I'll see bettersr resluts and put on some lean muslce.
  • ahsweetlee
    Options
    I live in delray beach and I'm looking to lose a couple pounds and tone. I just invested in roller blades, and I'm pretty excited to rollerblade down A1A.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm down in the Keys and enjoying my life here as a Freshwater Conch. Originally from San Francisco Bay Area and only miss the produce, wine, ragged seashore and my BFF. I'm 45 and looking to lose a total of 45.40lbs with only 8 to go. I'll tell ya what, these last 8 are the hardest for me. I fell like I've reached a plateau and my body needs a kickstart. Happy Friday Everyone! :glasses:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Living in the Keys and loving every minute of it. I have recently reached my goal weight, but now trying to maintain while gaining some more definition. I tried to do the 7 mile Bridge Run, but it got rained out, so I'm aiming for the Jewfish Creek run in November - long time away, but time to really get my time down.

I'm not a native Floridian - originally from Northern AZ. However, I've been in FL for about 17 years now and could not imagine living anywhere else. Lived in the Panhandle (Navarre) for 13yrs and been down in the Keys for just over 4yrs now!!

Nice to meet you all!!
  • eric198
    eric198 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Native Floridian here also. I'm about 10 minutes east of the coastal town of Crystal River on the Gulf coast (about 75 miles north of Tampa). I started this journey over 18 months ago and I've lost a little over 80 lbs. I still have another 80 to lose to reach my goal.

Currently I'm trying to build up my stamina and go from a walker to a jogger and look to enter a 5K sometime in the fall. What I love most about Florida is... October through April :-)
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In Ocala area, am trying to lose 35 pounds by my 35th birthday. I've got 51 weeks to go!